Extending the Command Script

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

No you are right. That example mixes two different stories. Actually it should concentrate on how to combine two or more commands with commas; and not mention that the combination is equivalent to ren DOS command. (That's not the point of that example).

That's what I meant by "needs to be reworded". This will be corrected in the next version.
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

Great! Looking forward to it  8)
gerald

Post by gerald »

Since we started the discussion about how to combine two or more commands with commas, I have had the problem, that some programs in their command line options use a comma for specifying options.
E.g. I have used IrfanView (for cropping images) with a command line option like
/crop=(x,y,w,h)
To avoid having a new command lien I had to set up something like
/crop=(x#y#w#h)
and let xplorer2 create the script, then edit and change # to comma and the run the srcipt (even using a replace batch file).

Nikos, would it be possible to include an option in xplorer2 to use another character for separation (like # or something never used anywhere instead of the comma)?
This would help a lot.

Thanks
Gerald
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i think the escape is two commas in a row, i.e. if you want to have a comma inserted then put two of them
gerald

Post by gerald »

Thanks Nikos, that helped.