Displaying matching images for items - is this possible?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Defcon

Displaying matching images for items - is this possible?

Post by Defcon »

I did a horrible job of explaining what I want in the title :( I have a c:\media folder which contains movies, tv shows etc. Most of the files also have a matching jpg, so e.g. StarWars.avi has StarWars.jpg which is the cover of the movie downloaded from imdb.

When I browse this folder, I would like to see -

1. only the cover images for matching items
2. actual files for those with no matching cover (or can xplorer2 extract thumbnails from video files and use that instead?)

When I double click on the picture, I want the actual file to be launched.

Is there some way to do this in xplorer2, Vista explorer, or indeed any other file manager?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you could do this using Mark | Check build command, imagining that the video file is the outcome of the JPG file with the same base name (or the other way round). Use "Not built" checkbox to find those with no matching "built" file, and the other 2 checkboxes to find those that come in JPG/AVI pairs. You have to put the folder side by side (same folder left/right)

a simpler solution could be using <Alt+Shift+GRAY_PLUS> keyboard shortcut which selects all files with basenames same as the one in focus. So focusing movie.JPG will select any movie.AVI there exists