nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

xplorer2 build 2101

Post by nikos »

small update to download
www.zabkat.com/x2down.htm
[2.1.0.1] 27 Mar 12 ----------------

* Actions > Export settings menu asks you whether you want to export to INI (for portability) or to REG file. If you want to export the registry make sure you save settings in the registry (from Tools > Options > General)
* [P] Robust deletion dialog shows the path of the first few files/folders selected for deletion
* [P] You can click on the SHORTCUT TO property in the Details pane (if a link file is selected) to browse the target item
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: xplorer2 build 2101

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:* Actions > Export settings menu asks you whether you want to export to INI or REG file.

A stock YES/NO modal used wildly out of "grammatical context"?  You really really really hate adding GUI elements, don't you?  :roll:  (Yes, "it works", but jaysus... that's not just quick and dirty, that's not taking a bath for 6 months and calling it "seasoned".  Jeremiah Johnson walks again... :wink:)  Like you couldn't have just linked it directly to the setting in the Options window?

Note: For anyone using a modified x2Details file, you'll need to change the id="lnk" line to reflect <A /a> instead of <b /b> so the s_23 link reference becomes clickable.  The file here has been updated to echo this.  If you haven't messed with this stuff, pay no attention to this message or that man behind the curtain.
armsys

Post by armsys »

Nikos,
Even with 2 non-essential patches for X2 Pro, I appreciate your effort.
Thank you.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Now if x² would just "update" and not query all installation options again and again, sigh. I hate it when my panel sizes are reset.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:Now if x² would just "update" and not query all installation options again and again, sigh. I hate it when my panel sizes are reset.
Short of one's license being dodgy, installing "over" the old version (as is standard practice) does what it says on the tin and opens exactly as it was closed, panels and all.  What items are reset?  Exactly what installation options (outside of the normal tickboxes from the installer) are queried?
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I use my x² in a maximized state, treebar left, folders right, small icons on the titlebar. The installer always makes the window normal state, splits the window 1:1 and blows up my toolbar icons.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

that shouldn't happen unless you uninstalled first as kilma~1 said
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I just installed over my existing version just like my installe~ proposed.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I'll grant you that it does make x2 reopen in a non-maximised state (I seem to recall people complaining about this before).  However, if you don't use "save settings on exit" this is not an issue.  The toolbar icons remain set at whatever individual size you have them set at originally, whether you choose (in the installer) to include the skin or not.  Perhaps you never went through each of your toolbars individually and selected a size for them since whenever the dual-size option first became available (I don't recall when that was)?

And aside from the tree pane resizing a bit funny, none of the other panes are moved (at least for me) - I just re-installed about 5 times with different settings - dual pane, single-pane, threesome with blonde Swedish twin sisters, etc, and it seemed to behave fine each time (except for the maximising thing).
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

Hi,
This is not quite right. Xplorer² Pro, and Ultimate for that matter, had always opened with small icons on the toolbars on my system. As soon as I had updated to version 2.1.0.1 (no uninstall, only a simple update), xplorer² (Ultimate) started opening with the bigger icon type. I had never saved the “small icons” settings before. Simply because I wasn’t even aware the bigger icons existed! So after updating to this latest version, I had to change the icon size and click on “Actions | Save settings now”. This did the trick. Not a big deal in any case!

Cheers,
Robert
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Kilmatead wrote:The toolbar icons remain set at whatever individual size you have them set at originally, whether you choose (in the installer) to include the skin or not.
Proven wrong.
Kilmatead wrote:And aside from the tree pane resizing a bit funny, none of the other panes are moved
One is one too much.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

As regards the icons, I have 7/8 toolbars set with different size icons (for instance, bookmarks are large and user-commands are small, etc).  These toolbars all retain their individual icon size settings just fine over a reinstall.  Are you saying that even if you specifically set them as Small they revert back?  I have never seen that happen, nor can I recreate it.
Last edited by Kilmatead on 2012 Mar 27, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I have only one toolbar, the default one - more than enough for me...
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Ok, so as an experiment I just uninstalled completely (settings, license file, everything) and reinstalled stock (allowing the skin from the installer).  The Icon sizes were set to Small by default (I didn't even need to touch them).  So, I changed the drive-bar to large (leaving the regular toolbar small), saved, then reinstalled over it.  The settings remained exactly as I left them (stupid "Show this hint again?" crap withstanding).  So I switched, and did the same again with the default toolbar as large and the drive bar as small - reinstalled - and they remained as I left them.

:shrug:
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

You're doing it wrong then.  :eh:
Tux. ; tuxproject.de