ALT functions

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

TKC285

ALT functions

Post by TKC285 »

Hi, All
I installed the xplorer2 (v2.5.04) X64 pro on a new lap (win8.1 touchscreen). all of the short-cut function using ALT is not function (alt+c, ctl+alt+c). As the alt key pressed, a short underline shows under first letter of menu bar.
It should be a simple setup problem.

Thanks for the help.

Happy New-year !!

TKC
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: ALT functions

Post by FrizzleFry »

all the alt keyboard shortcuts work for me... I use Alt-C many times on any typical day...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

try a reboot then see if EDIT > COPY NAMES actually has ALT_C as its shortcut key or you have changed the accelerator table somehow
TKC285

Post by TKC285 »

Thanks Guys,
I have used Atl+c everyday. But this is a new installation on the new touchscreen computer. After reboot, then checked in the edit menu, the copy name's shortcut key is atl+c. By click on the menu's copy name, it functions well.

Every time the Alt pressed, there are underline on all of the first letter of the menu. For example, a line under "F" of the file menu. After release the Alt key, then type f, the file menu will open. (Don't need press Alt and f at same time ).

Have a nice holiday!!

TKC
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the idea is to press ALT+C together and simultaneously
TKC285

Post by TKC285 »

nikos wrote:the idea is to press ALT+C together and simultaneously
I known that. I did it for years. This time it doesn't work on this computer by some reasons. However, the Alt+G & Atl+D work fine.

Thanks
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

perhaps there's some global hook eating that key. Use Customize > Keyboard menu command to change this command's shortcut to something else, that should work
TKC285

Post by TKC285 »

nikos wrote:perhaps there's some global hook eating that key. Use Customize > Keyboard menu command to change this command's shortcut to something else, that should work
You are right. There is something wrong. I have tried to assign a new shortcut key to "copy names".
In all of the 26 letters can be assign with ATL (of cause need to remove the old assignment), except "C" "S" "X" and "Z".

in the cases to assigned "C", "X", and "Z" with ATL function, the "new shortcut key" dialog becomes blank before the assign key is pressed. (Same thing happened in CTL+ATL+C, or X or Z)

In case for ATL+S, "S' left in the "new shortcut key" dialog, and the "copy names" jumps to "cut" (first function of edit menu). It happened to assign ATL+S to any function. For example, to assign ATL+S to "Shred", "S" shows in dialog and "Shred" Jump to "New file" (first function in "actions" menu). However, It is able to assign CTL+ATL+S.

Any ideas?

Happy New Year to all of you !!

TKC