Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Hans-Peter G.

Tab highlight(s) display in WHITE

Post by Hans-Peter G. »

RE: xplorer² 5.2.0.1 ULT x64
Windows 11 21H2 22000.918
Asus Zenbook
AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics, etc.
Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080, Windows Scale = 125%
Display of colors in other Windows applications / apps nominal

Here's a minor xplorer² Ultimate on Windows 11 weirdness —

Good performance so far, but I cannot display the Orange Highlight over the Active Tabs in the Dual panes of my layout. Near as my eyes can tell, the highlight is there, but in WHITE and barely discernible.

Have selected the Orange Highlight in 'Advanced' options, Dual Panes section and also in 'Program options', Advanced Tab.

Elsewhere in this system, text set in Orange in Word 2019, for example, does display as Orange.

Very grateful for help!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tab highlight(s) display in WHITE

Post by nikos »

this tab hilight is a layout specific option, so make sure you set the advanced settings editor to the correct layout
(assuming you have more than one window layout)
Hans-Peter G.

Post by Hans-Peter G. »

Thank you, Nikos, for your prompt response. No dice fumbling through the sequence of switches in Options and Advanced Options to change the Highlight of the active Tab ORANGE. Possibly related setting? -- The text in the Title bar of each Pane [path of the selected folder in the active Tab] displays in familiar Black on familiar grayish-blue background. But when the mouse pointer 'hovers' on a name [sub-folder] in this path, the text turns WHITE.

Anyway, I can live with this anomaly and remain grateful for xplorer²'s otherwise nominal performance in '11'.

Appreciate your time, but above all the excellence of xplorer²!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what do you mean "nominal" are you having problems with windows 11?
Hans-Peter G.

Post by Hans-Peter G. »

Playing with the word: I am not a 'fan' of Windows 11, but as I am using it now on my Asus Zenbook, I am learning to accept it. That is, I should, say because of the 'master utilities' I have deployed to make '11' conform to my workflow and aesthetic. In addition to xplorer², these are Direct Folders, FileMenu Tools, Classic -now Open-Shell, Microangelo, Default Programs Editor, Beyond Compare, 8GadgetPack, and Winaero Tweaker.

But it was ever thus, not so?! Most of the early versions of these utilities date back to the age of 'XP' and 'Vista'.

How grateful I am that you, Nikos, continue to refine and support xplorer²!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:thumbup: