deskrule build 1.0.20

Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

deskrule build 1.0.20

Post by nikos »

now with improved visuals and a plain search mode that should make it much easier to use for everyday searches:
http://www.zabkat.com/blog/deskrule-sea ... erties.htm
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: deskrule build 1.0.20

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:now with improved visuals
<Cough> IFileDialog::GetFolder <Cough>

XP is dead (well, next week) and so is its folder-selection dialogue. Stab it until it moves no more.

Moves.

No.

More.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

now that we're talking about material substance, did you notice the new "clock-on-a-button" gimmickry? :P
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Well, you reduced my technical thread to mere gimmickry, so I'm just achieving existential balance here. :D

...I noticed that you somehow managed to get past Chr(183) - what would be a small accomplishment in itself in Unicode - though I'd be more impressed if it actually changed with the real time, like the ones you not-so-innocently nicked the idea from do. :wink:

And there should be a logical way to get previously-closed toolbars back. Also, the ability to move the live-search-box (boy you're milking that one for all it's worth) to either directly above or directly below the actual search results field would be better - it can't be moved close enough for it to make sense.

And never underestimate just how offensive that old-style folder-selection dialog actially is - especially in a utility that is Vista+ anyway. :roll:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I will put something else for folders one day, but this tool is meant to be used by right clicking on a folder and using the context menu "search with deskrule" where you get the folder passed there automatically
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:...where you get the folder passed there automatically
Which explains your pretence of irrational logic behind denying this for us all the time. "Cluttering the GUI" me arse! I thought that sounded like horse-twaddle and I was right! Everyone's got an ulterior motive in their dark dark hearts. All is woe. All is woe.

You do know who gets shot after all the solicitors? The bloody blinkered capitalists! I see through your evil plans! The military industrial complex is alive and well in Zabkat Industries! You can take the boy out of Greece but you can't stop him selling arms to Turkey!

It's all so clear to me now... :wink: