deskrule build 1.0.26

Discussion and support for Desktop Rules and i-DeClone

Moderator: nikos

drac
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: deskrule build 1.0.26

Post by drac »

Yes, the "news" about the book bound in human skin has been all over the web. As you say, it was not that unusual in the past. And since human skin has been likened to pig skin (at least medically) I am sure "we" make a good book covering. Turning your writings into a book (I think that should include your more intellectual posts on this forum) will take a fair amount of time and money unless you have created (and continue to update) your own pages for inclusion in this literary undertaking. Of course a photo of you in life (as opposed to a death mask) would be de rigueur for such a volume. But being a child of the electronic age (though clearly your heart is rooted in the past) you may want your legacy to reflect your technological bent. Perhaps a DVD in a case made from your hide?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

drac wrote:...to reflect your technological bent. Perhaps a DVD in a case made from your hide?
Papyrus. All so-called intellectual thought (as if there has been any since the Tsurezuregusa of Kenkō whetted our human whey) should go on papyrus as only that medium provides a respectful decay-rate unto nothingness.

The height of hubris is to believe one's own waffling has any value at all, but more so that it should have any lasting value. Naturally, in this day and age when people can't be bothered to remember the historicity of inspiration itself there can be nothing created now (or, technically, in the last few centuries) that's worth the vellum it's printed on (except, perhaps, Piranesi's Imaginary Prisons).

Thus, papyrus is the only honourable thing to use, as it hastens the welcome progression to dust of all our Earthly vanities, without the undo-attention that <Shift+Delete> (or a good warehouse fire) tends to otherwise convey, and completely puts to putain [sic] any vain or demented notion of ever being "remembered".
drac
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by drac »

Fine! Have it your way. No remembrance. Then no need to bind anything in your skin. Still it would be a shame to let all that prime Irish hide go to waste. Possibly use it as the medium on which a painting is created by a great Irish artist. Then you will be part of something memorable, but NOT the focus. You can achieve some level of immortality though with only a mention in some footnote as the provider of the canvas.

NOW is the time to consider such things as your legacy. How do you want your many fans and admirers to honor your spirit? Possibly Nikos could create a new feature in an upcoming version of X2 in your honor? Or maybe the Kilmatead festival of obscure literature to be hosted yearly in a pub crawl through Dublin's old haunts (The Brazen Head, Kavanagh's Pub or John Mulligan's Pub, etc.). Yes, that is kind of a remembrance, but by the time the throng reaches the final pub, no one will remember much of anything. But it is your legacy so whatever it is should reflect your vision of yourself.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

earth to doris:
there is a cycling problem in deskrule when you tick "search all folders" (enter virtual folders)
nice find!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Only noir Doris could make champagne out of 7-up and cheap wine while asking, "what's he building in there anyway... that nikos guy seems kinda weird, like a walking advertisement for a vitamin-D deficiency".

See? I know a bug when it scurries across my carpet - they don't employ me to test mousetraps by poking them with my finger for nothing! :D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well done trooper! btw tom waits has completely lost it after the good old days
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

try build .27, cycling problem should be cured