Remove the internal bevel frame...

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Remove the internal bevel frame...

Post by TsunamiZ »

Please remove the internal bevel frame that surrounds the text typing area. By removing this unnecessary UI fluff, it will give a cleaner look and will optimize typing screen space by several pixels.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Remove the internal bevel frame...

Post by Kilmatead »

This is, as with your other difficulty with the scroll-bar, a side effect of the Classic windows theme, and is not really something under a developer's control as there is no such bevel under other themes (i.e., complain to Microsoft Corporation for how they implemented the so-called "classic" theme on later versions of Windows).
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

this issue is controllable by the developer. i've requested this fix from other programs i've used, and those developers have managed to fix it. so i know it's possible to fix.

note: i'm using windows 7 aero theme, not classic.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you are many times asking about the editor so let me tell you something. Editor2 is a simple text editor. I use it everyday myself and can find no flaw in it. Anything little that may seem a problem to you, is either unfixable or takes too much work so I wouldn't consider it. Just so that you don't waste your breath on it :)