Windows 11 layout weirdness(es)

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Windows 11 layout weirdness(es)

Post by johngalt »

Ha. It's been so long since I uninstalled X² that I had forgotten that it was so robust, asking to both remove settings *and* remove license separately.

Only entries left in the registry were MUI Cache entries, and the 7-Zip folders DLL.

Now, to start building again.

johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

So, uh, in using my export of the 'broken' install that I remvoed a few hours ago, I see thath te .reg file has entries for:
  • Editor 2UC
  • xplorer2UC
  • DeClone
  • Deskrule
Wait, what? Why is X² exporting settings for DeClone and Deskrule? Is this by design?

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yes it extracts the entire zabkat registry tree otherwise you'd need one "confirmation" for each subkey!

at the moment I am working on fixing multimonitor DPI issues so the next version should be free of big problems
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

nikos wrote: 2022 Feb 09, 08:11 at the moment I am working on fixing multimonitor DPI issues so the next version should be free of big problems
Looking forward to the small problems.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

nikos wrote: 2022 Feb 09, 08:11 yes it extracts the entire zabkat registry tree otherwise you'd need one "confirmation" for each subkey!

at the moment I am working on fixing multimonitor DPI issues so the next version should be free of big problems
Well, I started rebuilding and everything seems to be working fine so far - except for this pesky bug in dark mode where the column headers go stupid if a pane starts out in any other view mode than details and then you change to details. And it's not even 100% reproducible - and this is on a brand new 100% clean not imported profile....

So, it happens roughly about 60% of the time, and of those times roughly 75% of the time a simple close and re-=open will fix it - but the other 25% of the time the column headers are FUBARd. And only the column headers in that pane - the opposite pane remains working.

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you turn on "show column header in all pane styles" option (I think it is advanced) then you won't have a problem with dark headers
it is quite useful for sorting with the mouse anyway
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

Actually found that that setting was not enabled, and I thought I had already enabled. Enabled now and it does fix that issue, thanks!