Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

xplorer2 v5.107 BETA

Post by nikos »

https://www.zabkat.com/test/xplorer2_se ... t_beta.exe

important additions:

* the window should show correctly when moved from one monitor to another with different DPI
* use TOOLS > OPTIONS menu to turn on the independend 2 folder trees option
* folder statistics command ALT+D new menu ACTIONS > EMPTY FOLDERS will discover empty folders in a hierarchy

please let me know of your comments or any other feedback
thanks
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: xplorer2 v5.107 BETA

Post by johngalt »

Just now saw this. DLd and installed. Now, regardless of which actual executable I run it says I am running 5.1.0.7.

At any rate - it's not working correctly. Sending pics via email. My current fix in Windows 11 is to use advanced DPI scaling settings, setting the executable to System (enhanced). Everything works.

Upon installing the beta, all but the default profiles were reset to using 8 pt font (too small), default was using 18 (way too big) and trying to use 12, which I prefer to use, is too small on 4K and too large on 1080p.

Not to mention, the icons at the top are all kinds of screwed up on 4K.

FWIW, I'll be receiving a 2K monitor from work to test (2560*1440) so I'll be able to test across 3 resolutions - but that might be a couple of weeks or more.

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: xplorer2 v5.107 BETA

Post by nikos »

to see results with the beta, you must leave the multimonitor manifest enabled (installer option), and make sure you undo any compatibility tweaks from the desktop shortcut properties. Leave everything to be handled by the application.