Easier way to search for file on ONE date?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Easier way to search for file on ONE date?

Post by pschroeter »

I find myself often hunting for a file on one date. Is there a quicker way to do it rather than entering the same date twice in the "Between:" section of the hyperfilter? If the date is far back in time it becomes a little bit of a chore.

I’ve got some suggestions if not. First, I think adding On: would take up more room than necessary.

I think might best suggestion would be to at least add “Copy other date” to the little right-click menu that shows when you use the drop down calendar to set a date. The little menu that already has “Go to today” in it.

I also thought some sort of control (Copy icon?) below the & between the date ranges or under the two dates that would make them the same.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Easier way to search for file on ONE date?

Post by nikos »

in general, deskrule is more agile in this respect, you can enter a single date (or a single year even) and it automatically creates ranges

a little known feature of xplorer2 search is that you can drag-drop a file onto the search dialog (filter) and it will automatically create the date range -- you just need to find a file that dates from the day you want to search for!