https://www.zabkat.com/blog/xplorer2-v53-minisearch.htm

ps. the 32 bit version will be released in a couple of weeks
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: xplorer2 v5,3 final

Post by dunno »

Hi Nikos.
Did you implement drive bar above each window in dual pane mode ?.

I've looked in both options and I don't see anything relevant.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it's not a full drivebar, it's a drop-down menu, see the announcement page above
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

nikos wrote: 2022 Nov 29, 06:42 it's not a full drivebar, it's a drop-down menu
The active click area to drop the list is so tiny, one has to accurately click the little down arrows to activate the list, would it be possible to make the little PC/screen next to the arrow part of the activation area for the drop down list ?.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I'll see what can be done for large DPI
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

dunno wrote: 2022 Nov 30, 02:40
nikos wrote: 2022 Nov 29, 06:42 it's not a full drivebar, it's a drop-down menu
The active click area to drop the list is so tiny, one has to accurately click the little down arrows to activate the list, would it be possible to make the little PC/screen next to the arrow part of the activation area for the drop down list ?.
Problem was fixed by enabling THISPC in advanced options.

Butt.... there's always a butt, drive bars would've been nice, more intuitive and easier to use. I'll use the drop down list instead of the drive bar hack because I like that the drop down list activates the relevant pane unlike the drive bar hack.

Many thanks for your help via email Nikos.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

codename Popeye
Why though?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

Tuxman wrote: 2022 Dec 10, 02:21
codename Popeye
Why though?
Didn't you know that Nikos is a avid sailor ?.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

:D
popup search this, double popup preview that...
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

I see. I don't like it. :lol:
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it's a big world you can't please everybody ;)
mjbrookes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by mjbrookes »

:D
popup search this, double popup preview that...

I DO Like it :)

though I did need the explanation to understand.

so I suppose the next version will be codenamed OneDay ???
N1ck1

Post by N1ck1 »

Hi, I have some various minor miscellaneous things that don't really need its own thread so I hope it's okay to just post here since this is the version I'm using, and my mistake if not.

(xplorer² ultimate 64 bit v5.3.0.0 installed)
  • * Minor bug? When the top-right addressbar Filter box is set to "Filter" WITH "Text contents" set (either alone or along with "All properties"), the Filter box "X" will clear the box but not revert the folder back to full normal view like usual (the folder stays in the filtered state until I View>Refresh).
    * Idea: Ability to add pinned folders to the xplorer² pinned Desktop taskbar button right-click list like Notepad++ has the ability to drag & drop txt files onto its pinned Desktop taskbar button to have a customizable right-click order list. (Currently the xplorer² pinned Desktop taskbar button right-click list has an uncustomizable Tasks list that's auto populated with random recent folders and not just an ordered favorite/bookmark folders list only.)
    * Idea: 'Edit>Copy to/Move to' could have another destination selection option that just contains a customizable favorite/bookmark folders list, as the 'Here' list is a random recent list, the browse button takes too long to locate destination, and the 'Tab' option means the folder is up/open/easily accessible already.
    * Idea: 'Mark>Matching a rule>clear' & 'View>Visual filter>Rule based>clear' should activate the 'Named' box after clearing so typing can begin immediately. Also can clearing by default uncheck the "Search all files" option under 'Containing Text' since it makes searches slower it shouldn't be on by default.
    * Idea: Every and any Mark/Filter field that has its own saved/remembered dropdown selection listing needs a way to cleanup/remove individual saved item listings, with either a mini "X" button that's added on the right end of each item listing, or shows up after a few second hover hold over a listing, or a right-click "Delete" option. Also a right-click "Set as default" ability to set any listing as the default to always come up even though it wasn't last used.
    * Idea: 'Mark>Total size' could have a more advanced options GUI, with less than/greater than (and equal to) symbols and a unit or measurement selection like the following: [ ≤/≥ | #(Size) | B/KB/MB/GB/TB ]
Nothing major just possible ideas, and I apologize if this thread wasn't the proper place for this post. TY
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

Hi (St) Nick and thanks for your feedback :xmas:

your minor bug is a feature really as the quickfilter box loses its automatic function when the search rule is slow (e.g. file contents). Whenever you make any change, even clearing the box, requires you to press ENTER key or the filter button

the taskbar isn't made for apps that deal with folders like xplorer2. I had to improvise a lot to see the "random" list you found (it is actually the most frequent folders you use). As you don't want to open xplorer2 for your copy task, see if you can do something with windows explorer tasklist for the same effect

COPY TO dialog does have the list of bookmarks, just type in (part of) the bookmark name and press UP key a few times to bring it up. No need to search for it in the list. See here for more useful tips

as for the NAME selection after CLEAR, that is a nice touch (and I thought *I* was an optimization freak :))
victor50

Post by victor50 »

Hi, seems I am bit late, but just saw a mail about. 5.3. I can set the filter-option to search, but no popup-as-you-type. Maybe because I use classic skin?