Suggestions

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Krovit

Suggestions

Post by Krovit »

Dear friend,

I believe that 2xEplorer are simply insuperable.

The new version alpha has earned something and something has lost.
I allow me therefore to give some suggestion that I believe profit.

1) when it sets out it detains too much in the attempt to open the floppy. Because? With 2xEplorer it doesn't happen and it opens with an unbelievable speed.

2) in 2xEplorer there is the list of the perfiferiches (CD, HD and similar) on the column of left: useful for a fast navigation. Especially on a LAN.

3) in the bar of the buttons aloft the link is lost to the right to the desktop. It would be better perhaps to reply the bar of 2xExplorer and to put the new one in another position.

4) it would be better perhaps to gather the options in an only voice of menu (Options...), instead of scattering her here and there. Seem me you miss, for instance, the refresh of the window in automatic.

5) it seems me there is some problem on the style of the panel: if Thumbnails is selected it is easy that here and there, sailing for the briefcases, he succeeds in returning only to another type of visualization after quite a lot attempts.

6) The function "Find files... " it is excellent in 2xExplorer. You/he/she can for instance be intervened on the date of the creation of the file and him pova to choose in very intuitive and automatic way to look for anywhere.

7) it would be useful to foresee the possibility of a third panel. If not four.

8) it doesn't seem me to have seen the FTP for the upload on the web: have you put him/it or do you have intention to foresee him/it?

I will keep on making a will the program. I hope to do what profit sending you my impressions of use.

Thanks for your programs.
Cordially.

:D
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Welcome to the forum, Krovit!

In general, since x2 is in alpha stage, the GUI (User interface) is not fully developed. Some of the existing interface also may change in due course of time. Right now the focus is on adding new functions.

1. If you are using the latest (even the last 3 versions), then when x2 starts, it should not look for a missing floppy. (This was an issue in an earlier version). Use the latest version (0.0.0.54) and see!

2. The drivebar (where all local/mapped drives are represented by buttons) is yet to come. You can always use SHFT+CTRL+drive letter as a shortcut (as in 2x).

3. The toolbar to the right of the addressbar is not developed yet.

4. There would be a single screen for setting all Program Options. For now, users have to set them using registry (see alpha text in help menu).

5. The folder pane styles can be changed easily with a right-click in the pane. Once set, they don't change; even if you close x2 and restart it. (In Actions menu, select "save settings" option. That will save all your settings when you exit)

7. Having 3 or more panes in a screen would look too cramped!
Instead, you can lauch an unlimited number of panels (not just 3! ) by launching multiple copies of x2. (There are two major ways: Press the x2 icon from the launchbar, or use the CTRL+N shortcut from x2 itself. )

When multiple copies of x2 are running, you can use CTRL+W to view a master list of all panes, and select the copy-number (0,1,2 etc) to select the appropriate copy of x2. You can also click (with your mouse) on this list to select a particular copy of x2.
Krovit

Bill Gates

Post by Krovit »

Thanks for the fast answer,

I am trying the version 55.

I take action of your answer but I assure you that when it sets out x2 the attempt to access the floppy it always happens and however.

If you tell me that the GUI will change I am happy of it because I have gotten used to that of 2xEplorer and I find it really excellent.

The possibility to manage more clones of x2 it is interesting and in many cases profit.
A long time ago I had found a program similar to 2xEplore that torch this (rather 4 panels) and indeed the management can be difficult. I insist however that at least a panel in more it would be very useful, even using two panels of default and another to the necessity. I become me I count, however, that the problems from the point of view of the planner increase accordingly!

Also the function F5/F6 that widens that of 2xEplorer is interesting, but... I would use it as additional option. F5/F6 old way gives an immediate result without need to press anchors the keyboard or the mouse!

In practice, what I intend to say, is that the best quality of 2xEplorer is that to make the life easy and the operations to make fast. Bill Gates should use the GUI of 2xEplorer instead of that of Windows!
Every function in more it is welcome but I believe is not had to lose sight the principal objective that owes to be always the maximum simplicity and the maximum speed of execution to my opinion.

A last thing: the program file is of over 2,2 Mb: possible?
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

F5/F6 should not act without confirmation (if that is what you meant), because if you press the key by mistake, it will send something out!

2.2 MB??? Only if you have downloaded half a dozen copies of x2! The size is always given at the website. Please check your downloads against that..
The production version of x2 would be even smaller!
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

narayan wrote:2.2 MB??? Only if you have downloaded half a dozen copies of x2!
No, narayan, this time you are mistaken! The executable file Xplorer2.exe is really 2,2 MB !!

Of course the download is much smaller (even including docs and such...) :)

@Krovit This size is due to the fact that it is indeed a DEBUG version. As narayan stated, the final release build will be much smaller (and faster!)
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

And so it is! OK I was looking at the zip size! :oops: