Apply attributes Recursively

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Brad

Apply attributes Recursively

Post by Brad »

I'm still loving the latest x2 additions. FTP, and clickable title bars rock.

Anyhow, I'm looking for some tips on the quickest way to apply attributes to a directory hierachy. Currently I have to (1) create a scrap frame, (2) flatten path, (3) find the path I was previously viewing in x2, (4) select all (Ctrl-A), and then (5) apply attributes (Shift-F12).

So I have two questions:

1) Am I missing some shortcut keys I could be using?
2) Is there a faster way?

If not, my suggestion would be to have a "Flatten to scrap frame" option in the "Action" menu of the main window, preferably with a shortcut key.

Thanks again Nikos.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can flatten a folder just by hitting shift+enter in the main x2 window, no need to open a scrap frame first; see browse flat in file menu
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Shift+Enter is OK, but it is a pity there is no easy way to add to an existing scrap frame this way. The new Ctrl+S does it, but that puts the item in the scrap frame as it is (no flattening).

What's missing here is the combination of both (Ctrl+Shift+Enter perhaps??), to flatten a path and add that to the scrap frame in focus (or create a new one of none exists, just as Ctrl+S now does for adding items to a scrap.

(Maybe on the wishlist for release 2.0 ;) )
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
Brad

Post by Brad »

Thanks Nikos, thats exactly what I was looking for. I can now do it in three easy steps: <Shift-Enter> - <Ctrl A> - <Shift F12>.

P.S. I have not been able to replicate the Directory Size sorting problem I reported earlier. Thanks for the fix.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

JRz, the easiest way to flatten to an existing scrap is to right-drag
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

nikos wrote:JRz, the easiest way to flatten to an existing scrap is to right-drag
Yes, I know, but wouldn't it be nice to have a way of doing this using the keyboard too?? I know your wishlist is as long as the road to Olympia already, but if you are going for Marathon, then maybe this can be added too ;)
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Yes, a keyboard hotkey would be really nice to have: drag-n-drop is not that fast.

And JRz is bang on target: Ctrl+Shift+Enter nicely extends the SHFT+Enter command. (Easy to remember the relationship between the two.)