is V 1.0.0.0 available for download?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

bobfrank

is V 1.0.0.0 available for download?

Post by bobfrank »

I'll happily buy X2 when it arrives but.... where is it?

Sorry if this is the dumbest question but I can't find it and all I can see is a download link to

http://www.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/x2lite_beta.zip

and all the other links are disable by inclusion of @@@ in them.

While I'm here I have one question on something that was in 2X but isn't in X2. I'm a very long-time user and always wrk in 2-panel mode. I have been doing the norton commander trick of if I want the right panel to be the same as the left and I'm in C:\blah\blah in the left I go Alt-F2 C <enter> and voila - this is not in X2 or is there some other way of doing it?.

Thanks
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there is Alt+F1 but that only works for the active pane
for the inactive you can do Alt+Ctrl+Shift+X, where X is the drive you want to go (C, D, etc)

the pro version will be available later on this week, fingers crossed!
bobfrank

Post by bobfrank »

Thanks Nikos

It'lll take a while for my brain to unlink Alt-F2-letter I think I've been doing it for about 13 years.

ALt-ctl-shift-X gets me halfway there - I do get the correct drive but not the same subdirectory as the one active in the original window. Is that possible?

Is there going to be a way to customise the keyboard shortcuts so that I can use some of my old (bad) habits?

Good luck with releasing the pro version - I think I owe you the 20 eur for all the time I have been able to avoid windows explorer ;)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no, both these take you to the root

the only workaround would be to do <shift-tab> and in the addressbar type c: (without the backslash) followed by <ret> or <alt+ret> depending on your target
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

same subdirectory is just Ctrl+I
bobfrank

Post by bobfrank »

Shift-tab
C:
alt-ret

weird! But it works - thanks again!
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Yes, never mind Nikos, he's with his head in the clouds over releasing the first version of X² this week. So he has lost oversight over the (many many) functions of his own app... apparantly ;)

Fred has the simple (and right) answer to your 'problem'. If you want the same path browsed in your inactive pane as you are in at your active pane, just hit Ctrl+I and you're there!! :D
(Easy to remember too, the I stands for Identical)
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

although i am admitedly on a high and rather foggy this week, i believe that bobfrank got exactly the answer he wanted... he is an old hand indeed and knows the difference of root and current drive ;)
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

nikos wrote:although i am admitedly on a high and rather foggy this week, i believe that bobfrank got exactly the answer he wanted... he is an old hand indeed and knows the difference of root and current drive ;)
From your answer Nikos???
bobfrank wrote:ALt-ctl-shift-X gets me halfway there - I do get the correct drive but not the same subdirectory as the one active in the original window. Is that possible?
I don't believe so. But Ctrl+I will do the trick however... (or is that what you meant by '... got exactly the answer he wanted ...') :roll:
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

In retrospect, it sounds to me like nikos & bobfrank understand each other about a pane setup which is subtly different from what Ctrl+I produces.

It must be their words don't describe what they mean, only the familiar-to-them key-combo examples they give.

I don't follow it, either; but I am curious about what it is :?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you remember the root/current button on the olde 2x drivebar? that's what the discussion is all about -- or i've lost the plot :)
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I've seen that button,
but it never did anything that I could tell. :?

& I just went back & tried again: the button pops in & out, but there are NO visible changes in pane displays. :shrug:
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Fred, I think this peace of text from what bobfrank is requesting
bobfrank wrote:ALt-ctl-shift-X gets me halfway there - I do get the correct drive but not the same subdirectory as the one active in the original window. Is that possible?
leaves no doubt about what he is trying to achieve. Your suggestion of Ctrl+I is right on the money in my view. But maybe we should ask bobfrank himself. How about it bob (or frank; no disrespect meant and no pun intended ;) )
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

ok, I figured out the button.
up vs dn is diff between "d:" & "d:\" ( remember DOS ? )
{where "d:" is generic logical drive designator}

& I agree that it sure seems like the request was how to get inactive pane to the equiv. of d: when active pane defines current wkg directory in d:

Best answer (per nar~ std) still seems to be Ctrl+I ;)
bobfrank

Post by bobfrank »

Glad I kicked off such a flurry of discussion :)
Nikos flatters me but in reality Ctrl-I is just what I needed

They, the results, are subtly different but I'm not sure that I would appreciate the difference in practice.

Thanks for all the input