Maximize in single window mode

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

keykeeper

Maximize in single window mode

Post by keykeeper »

Hi
I am running xplorer2 in single window mode and there is one application behaviour I am hoping to change and I hope someone can advise how to.

The scenario is this: If I have an open xplorer2 window which is minimized to the taskbar and I click on a folder e.g on the desktop I would expect xplorer2 to appear with the opened directory. However what happens is that it stay minimized in the taskbar and I have to do the extra step of manually maximizing the app to see the folder. - SAVING TIME is my main goal and reason for using xplorer2 and with efficiency in mind this behavior is not ideal.

THanks
J
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i think somebody has posted a script for this purpose, search the forum for autohotkey
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Thanks for the reply - I will look for the scripts in the forum. I think I have found one I can use.
J
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

KeyKeeper,

You may also wanna take a look at this.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Hi snakebyte
This was just what I was looking for and it works beautifully. Thanks a million!!

J
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Hi again.. I was a bit quick there. I had it working for a while but I have now a small issue with opening your compiled script but this is probably because I have Norwegian OS so the path to the Program Files folder is non standard- Any chance I could have the code for your script used for xplorer2Launch.exe with the tab parameter change so I can compile it myself with the correct paths?

Thanks again!! J
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

look one post up from the download - the code for the entire script is there.  You should be able to adjust the script as you need and then compile it yourself.

keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Hi johngalt
I tried to modify and use this script but first of all there seem to be a bug at Line 9.

Further in the last post snakebyte said
I have updated the script posted above to open passed parameter in a new tab.
so I assume there is another version of the script with the tab functionality that is not in the published script?

J
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Please note that this is a Autoit3 and not a autohotkey script. I'm able to comple it using AutoIt3 v3.2.10.0.

If you are still having issues, PM me the exact compile error and I will publish another script which reads X2 path from registry instead of the hard coded path.
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Hi there - sorry for assuming this was Autohotkey:o)
I compiled it using AutiIt3 and I am now one step closer. The xplorer window now maximizes. However there is still one issue with the tabs etc.
- Let's say I have a xplorer window open with c:/  as the directory
- I then minimize the xplorer window
- If I then click on a directory on my desktop xplorer opens and a new tab is created - however the directory chosen is C:/dell(????)
And not C:\Documents and Settings\keykeeper\Skrivebord\test as it should have done..

I think there is an issue with the script listed in the other thread - any suggestion?

keykeeper
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

keykeeper wrote: If I then click on a directory on my desktop xplorer opens and a new tab is created - however the directory chosen is C:/dell(????)
And not C:\Documents and Settings\keykeeper\Skrivebord\test as it should have done..
This script is very straight forward.Try to understand its logic and it will help you to debug your problem. See AutoIt3 help file for the commands you can't understand.

This script opens the path parameter passed to it in a new tab, otherwise it just makes the existing X2 instance active. I'm sure that the shortcut that you have on your desktop is passing incorrect parameters to this exe. Make sure that the parameters are in quotes.

In order to open that folder (or any folder) as a new tab in X2, you have to edit your registry and add this tool to your context menu. Then you can right click on any folder and open it in a new tab in X2.

Open following key in the registry
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open_x2\command

and replace path of xplorer2_uc.exe with path to xplorer2Launch.exe. Make sure that only parameter "%1" (with quotes) is passed to it and not /1 /M /T.
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Hi snakebyte
Many thanks for all your advises and help! It is working perfectly now! The issue was my registery settings and after tweaking using your description it now works fine!

With regards to the registery I am a bit unsure of what I am doing and can I please ask you to quickly advise about one thing- I now have the following value:

"C:\Programfiler\zabkat\xplorer2\start_xplorer2.exe" "%1"

defined for the following two keys:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open_x2\command
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\open_x2\command

What exactly are the difference between these two keys and do I need to have the value defined for both??

Thanks again
keykeeper
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes key is basically copy of KEY_CLASSES_ROOT key.

So you just have to worry about keys under KEY_CLASSES_ROOT node and windows will take care of tree under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes for you.

You can dig into more details here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_registry
keykeeper

Post by keykeeper »

Brilliant! Thanks again for all your help and advise - I am really thrilled to have xplorer2 setup just as I want it:)

keykeeper