Equazione quadratica, Equazione di secondo grado

Questions & Answers

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Equazione quadratica, Equazione di secondo grado

Post by Kilmatead »

So, Nikos, like, dude, where it says "Editor² project: The Quadratic replacement for Notepad" that's really just a pun?

Why am I only "getting it" just now?  I must be slow witted or something.

Egyptians were doing polynomial equations 4,000 years ago, and you reduced them to a pun?

Is this some kind of historical Greek jealousy thing?

What have we become? :wink:
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Bump!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

So, like, if you bump a thread after two years wherein I stated that I'm slow witted, is that a suggestion that you're super-slow-witted, and maybe a little late in the uptake department?  I mean, like, two years?  I finished Oblivion in less time than that.  Though I fear Skyrim will take longer, due to a proliferation of grumpy giants who don't seem to like me for some reason. :cry:
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

I used to be super-witty, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Ah ye bastard - I was keeping that response in reserve for a special occasion!  Damn.

I haven't felt like this since my pension fund dropped that last 3-mil and my wife left me for the doorman.

It rained all day long, and all the kittens on the island were sad.  :cry:

<Bristles with umbrage at young upstarts stealing lines>
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Kilmatead wrote:I haven't felt like this since my pension fund dropped that last 3-mil and my wife left me for the doorman.
That's nowhere near as sad as when your best friend steals your line to make your high-school crush laugh.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

But the doorman was a hump-backed dwarf with bad breath.  And huge wart on his nose.  And no chin.  But she went for him anyway.  'Cause he still had a pension.  I hate economics.  And my ex wife.  And dwarfs.  And the wife was my high-school crush!  As Faulkner said, you can never go back home - for the past no longer exists.

Which, if you think about it, should be liberating.  But it's not.  It's just so sad that even the wind leaves you alone.  And that film Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close begins to look like a comedy.
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Oh, please, at least you had a wife to x (even if technically she x'd you)- she didn't marry your best friend and at their five years anniversary she says that she remembers how funny her husband used to be and mentions the very same line that has been stolen from you.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Mr. Tennyson was full of crap when he said:

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

It would have been (in my worldly experience) far far better to have never loved at all.  Of course, in that case I never would have had any worldly experience in the first place (your life doesn't actually begin, oddly enough, until some bloody girl kills you with feminine venom).

Decidedly I hate poets too.

Fridays are a good day for hating things. :D
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

IneedHelp wrote:I used to be super-witty, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Do you actually realize that answers like this are not funny at all, not even if you are a gamer?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Kilmatead wrote:Fridays are a good day for hating things. :D
Everyday is a good day to hate everything, too bad life's too short for that, and that's why we need to live longer.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

We could live longer with a longer liver.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:Do you actually realize that answers like this are not funny at all, not even if you are a gamer?
Maybe not if you're a city-guard - but then future rent-a-cop's always were easy to spot in school.  You'd really think they'd have invented better knee armour for just such occasions - or maybe it was a conspiracy because someone reckoned that if there were too many young men who grew up to be adventurers there wouldn't be enough deadbeats around to actually fill the civil service.

One assumes that was definitely not the case in Greece.