Site Admin

let it snow (x3)

Post by nikos »

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: let it snow (x3)

Post by Kilmatead »

One really does need to despair of humanity's endeavours these days. Why does no one aspire to building pyramids or conquering the harems of one's enemies, or even just a little "misunderstanding" with the tax office which leads to disastrous events (as seen on the nightly news)?

I mean, pseudo-snow? Heck, you should even have the real thing out your ex-communist window now!

<Sigh>

Oh, and it continues to "snow" even if scrolled halfway down the page, which is a bit odd (Firefox or IE). :shrug:
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

NoScript successfully keeps zabkat.com warm and cozy.

(I really wonder why people urgently want it to be cold in December. Don't they suffer enough yet?)
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Tuxman wrote:Don't they suffer enough yet?
Humans are funny that way, the more they suffer the more they come to believe they will "deserve" happiness and pleasure - as if there was some kind of cosmic-karma-counter-balance thing going on.

I mean, why else would people (Germans, even?) do (or, rather try to do) this sort of thing? One could say he got what he deserved. :shock:

And why did he feel the need to make a proclamation in English before leaping to his doom? Is swearing in English more amusing than swearing in German?
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Because the German translation of everything regarding fucking anyone's mother doesn't actually sound evil enough.

That said, it could be worse.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

All men need to wear a fez, use catchphrases, have sexy sidekicks, and generally act the bollox from time to time.

Which pretty much explains why Wim Wenders never directed Dr. Who. Why are all of your better angels so bloody morose with seriously pretentious haircuts?

Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Kilmatead wrote:All men need to (...) have sexy sidekicks
Billie Piper is not sexy. (And I'm not sure if I should call John Barrowman "sexy" either...) :baaa:
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

John Barrowman is for the "otherwise amused" audience. He's also only there to sell the Torchwood hook, though that said, Captain Jack Harkness technically is the Face of Boe, so he's kind of a 5 billion year old Estée Lauder recurring fanboy.

And there's nothing wrong with young Rose. Not as nice as Martha, Amy and nowhere near Clara, but far better than Donna.

(This is just like being back in grade-school surreptitiously rating the girls around the fountain. :D)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Glad to make you feel young again, old boy. - Torchwood evolved later, right?

Martha is not my kind of girl. "Not being racist here, but..." - seriously, I just don't find her attractive. Clara is fine indeed.
Now if she only was German ... :mrgreen:
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Torchwood is a spinoff from that "first" season Cardiff "confluence line" thing (I think they started about a year later) - since, as we all know, Wales is (obviously) the centre of all galactic hipness. :D

Considering that Martha went on to marry Rose's boyfriend (that Mickey kid)... just proves that fate is a strange circular thing.

What, are you trying to get caught-up before the inevitableness of the Christmas-special or something? The last one was fun - except all it really did was prove that David Tennant was the best. A pity he left. :cry:
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

In the 50th Anniversary Special he was rather irrelevant compared to "the Eleventh" which is weird as I always preferred Christopher with his sarcastic attitude. (I always knew that David Tennant is considered a prominent Doctor because girls love his visual appearance, but now that I've seen both in the same episode, I fail to understand his jokes too.)

Who would catch me up? Some silly fans? 8)
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Not irrelevant, "irreverent". Besides, the 50th was all about John Hurt and just generally having fun - after the last season became progressively the more dour the longer it went on.

Matt Smith didn't do anything notable (besides imitating David) until near the end of his run when he spent half an episode swearing mortal anger at the sun. I do that kind of thing on a regular basis, so maybe it just struck a chord with me. :D

David's nothing to do with girlies - he's just got "oomph" and veritas that mixes rather well with Scots kookishness and he flips it on a shilling. At least in my technical analysis. :roll: If I was locked up and forced to rewatch some seasons they would be his (well, the bits without Donna anyway).

Catching up is only a wee 25.4 GB download from your friendly neighbourhood torrent-monger...
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Kilmatead wrote:David's nothing to do with girlies
Oh, you really should see some Doctor Who fan blogs/vlogs run by girlies. "SO SWEET <3<3<3<3<3" that it makes me puke pink glitter.

And no, I don't use torrent. Torrent is technically limited.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Spend a lot of time reading fan blogs by girlies, do we? (Though you do get points for "puking pink glitter" - that's rather rough on the old oesophagus. :D)

How is torrenting "technically limited"? I think it's a fabulously egalitarian notion of invention - which lord knows we need more of. From a technical point of view, it's a great idea, as long as the participants understand how it works - you can never rely on kids, though.

Besides, methinks my ISP would kind of "notice" me downloading a single 88.5GB chunk of cinematic foolishness in one go. But broken into 22,000 separate 4MB pieces globally zipping in disorderly concordance from countries I can't even pronounce, who's going to give a toss?

I remember having great fun years ago reading the µTorrent glossary in my endeavour to figure out how it worked. Show me a more inventive idea from the last decade of web-development stagnation as everyone wastes their lives these days suffering from the pursuit of that sick mental deprivation disease that is social networking.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Kilmatead wrote:Spend a lot of time reading fan blogs by girlies, do we?
Do you?
Kilmatead wrote:How is torrenting "technically limited"?
I've been an eMule guy since the slow death of AudioGalaxy had begun. eMule uses Kademlia2 these days, a decentral protocol not relying on anything from the web (or control files called "torrent files" or whatever). It would probably survive a nuclear war, at least technically. BitTorrent is the exact opposite; even Magnet links need a website which spreads them. There is no built-in global search across the whole network because BitTorrent is shattered into many subnetworks (called "trackers", themselves being centralized portals which the whole network relies upon).

I prefer networks which can't be limited by authorities. The law can close BT trackers (and render many torrents unavailable), it will fail trying that with Kad2.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de