Command line switch for Pane Style?

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

TychoQuad

Command line switch for Pane Style?

Post by TychoQuad »

Is there a command line switch to open a window with a particular pane style? I'd like my shortcut to my image folder open with thumbnails, and have other shortcuts open other styles.

Does such a thing exist yet? if not, can it be implimented? Or is there a nice alternative feature which would reach the same end?
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

You can make seperate registry entries for your preferred layouts through the menu item 'Window.Set registry key...' You can then start X2 with the preferred settings by specifying the registry key you want to use after the /S option switch (see below). See alpha.txt for more info.

Full command line for X2:

xplorer2.exe /F:nn /P /R:rootFolder /S:registryKey /L:searchFromFolder /1 /2 leftFolder rightFolder
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

stuff like that will be added later

for the moment you can have different registry keys for each pane style (use Window | Set registry key after arranging the panes to taste) and use the /S command line option to select among them

PS. We have replied to this thread at the exaxt same time!
sgp

Post by sgp »

How can I do this now for scrap panes?
Ideally I'd like to be able to hit a key or 2click on an ida file icon and open a scrap pane in thumnail view, with no toolbar, no status window, and the ida loaded.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

first you'll need to associate IDA files with x2. Choosing "open with..." should be the easiest way

then edit the "open" verb in the registry for IDA, adding the command line options:

/F:1 /S:your_name_here "%1"

your_name_here is a registry key for x2 you saved earlier where scraps have no statusbars etc
sgp

Post by sgp »

OK I got it, here's the recipe
start x2, set the new registry key (Window|Registry Key), say KeyName, and close x2 for the new key to be created in the registry.
then start x2 /F:1 /S:KeyName, this will get you a scrap pane, set pane size and viewing options, then close the scrap pane to save everything into the registry.
then from the command line or whatever, run
x2 /F:1 /S:KeyName /1 absolute-path-to-ida-file.ida

very nice!
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

heh, I only just figured out what I have to do... It works well!

Thanks for your help