I wanted to delete my x2 history, e.g. paths, search terms, filters, etc. x2 keeps this info in the Windows registry. It is not a straight-forward process to delete it.
I found that this registry script works for me. I offer it with the following instructions and disclaimers:
1) Use the script at your own risk, and only if you know what you are doing. Modifying the Window registry always carries a risk.
2) Back-up your Windows registry first.
3) The script only deletes the history for the Current User.
4) The script must be run as an administrator.
5) Create a text file with a ".reg" extension, for example, "WipeXplorer2History.reg".
6) Copy the following lines of text into the text file.
Code: Select all
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC\MainFrame Settings\Folder History] [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC\History\Searched folders] [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC\History\Text searches] [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC\History\Filters] [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2_UC\last filter]
8) Pray to local deity.
9) Execute the reg file.
Best of luck.