CD/DVD drive letters

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

gkarasik

CD/DVD drive letters

Post by gkarasik »

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this, or if I've inadvertently set some setting that's causing it:

Platform: xplorer2 ult 3501 configured as a Windows Explorer replacement, Win7 Ent/SP1, fully patched as of last Patch Tuesday, three DVD/RW drives (2 internal, 1 external). In Explorer Folder Options/View, "Hide empty drives in the Computer folder" is unchecked.

Symptoms: In the main xplorer2 Nav pain, the CD/DVD drives letters do not show up until media is in the drive. If I open My Computer. the empty drives are there, and if I open Windows Explorer itself, the empty drives are there. But the drive letters are not there in explorer2 until a disk is loaded, and they disappear as soon as the disk is removed.

I have searched in vain for an Options and Advanced Options settings that might control this and would much appreciate it if someone could try to duplicate this or if anyone has any suggestions.

GaryK
GaryK
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CD/DVD drive letters

Post by nikos »

the option you need is in TOOLS > ADVANCED OPTIONS, "don't check for empty drives, list all in drivebar". It's in the global property page
gkarasik

Post by gkarasik »

Thanks, Nikos.

I can't find that item. If I go to Tools, there is only "Options." In "Options" there is an "Advanced" tab, but the choice you mention is not there. In the xplorer2 folder there is an "Advanced" icon. Clicking that closes xplorer2 and gives me choices that edit the registry, but the choice you mention is not there either. I remember an "Advanced" tab under Tools, but it is no longer showing. Is there a way to get it back?
GaryK
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you must have plain menus enabled. Use tools > options menu, window page to turn on the full menu and you will see it
gkarasik

Post by gkarasik »

Thank you Nikos. I found the option, and checking it solved the problem.
GaryK