Thanks Nikos!

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

John Ewen

Post by John Ewen »

Still the best FTP application around. Look at item 1 in the FAQ section of the 2xExplorer site - but note that Webdrive (definitely worth buying) is now available at [url=http://www.webdrive.com

Keep]http://www.webdrive.com

Keep[/url] those e-mails coming Nikos. Your concern about people accusing you of spamming meant that I found out about your new site and this forum by accident.
Mike Milburn

Post by Mike Milburn »

Thanks Nikos for a great proggie, and yes please register me...Mike
enby

Post by enby »

One more 2xE. enthusiast here!
I just sent a decent $ contribution; making it easy to pay online made doing so irresistible. I'm staying clear of PayPal, though; a few people have real horror tales about that outfit, although the majority of users seem to have no problems.

Been using it since maybe summer 2K. Nikos must be a happy fellow, as well as brilliant, because 2xE. so often works just the way you want it to.

A couple of requests: Please change the light-gray text in your information Web pages! They are miserably hard to read. Using IE 5.0 on Win 98 SE until I install Opera, which will be soon.

Also: I'd truly appreciate a complete list of commands, grouped by function and also alphanumerically.

OnTrack did a decent job with PowerDesk, but in dual-pane mode, it's just too darned hard to switch pane focus (I'm a keyboard type, first) and moving/copying a file to the other pane is so clumsy it's goofy, afaik. PD does a few things 2xE doesn't (or didn't; I'm about to download the latest), so it can be useful.

One of these days, Jef (not Jeff) Raskin is going to say something nice about 2xE., I'll bet!

2xE and IrfanView seem to stem from some uncommon approach to programming; both do what the user wants and needs, with minimal fuss.

Live long, prosper, and continue making the world a better place!

Many thanks.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

enby, thanks for the contribution (although I cannot figure out which donor email address is linked with "enby" ;) ). I do not rely on these donations for my subsistence or anything, but it always brings a smile on my face when these rare events happen! -- plus I can show proof to me mum that I am not "wasting my time and qualifications for nothing" :)

sorry about the poor legibility of the website content, a few others have complained also. I recommend changing the colors from your browser (e.g. netscape has an "Always use my colors" option in Edit | Preferences | Appearence | Colors). In the next web upgrade I'll do better. In the meantime I am busy working on a brand new browsing engine for project code named xplorer² -- I'm sure you'd agree that that project has highest priority :bigsmile:

for the list of commands a volunteer is required, since i'm otherwise occupied -- what a lame excuse that is!). Most of the commands are shown in menu items, but since you are a keyboard entusiast like me I definitely recommend reading keyboard.txt, where you'll find out about a number of extra keyboard-only commands that are super-sweet. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Hey Nikos.

I can fix up your website if you like. When I do websites, I check for browser compatibility. I go as far back as early versions of Netscape 4x and I do things to make the pages load fast. So, if you want it done, all you have to do is say so. It’s no problem for me. I don’t mind doing it. :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

"problem" is that i like how the website looks like, kind of kewl as your new avatar -- who's that handsome lad? :cool:

on the other hand your taste is not half bad, so if you can come up with an equally nice yet more legible set of cascading style sheet color settings let me know

when i was writting the HTML for the site i made sure everything was controlled by a single CSS file, so it shouldn't be too hard to change everything with the minimum effort.
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Well, Nikos, I don’t have any problem with your site; personally, I think it looks great. :)

The fonts have been mention a few times, as you have stated. Light colored text on a dark background can be difficult for some people to read.

The theory behind CSS is great however; the results are unpredictable. For example, with IE6, I think that I am seeing the pages the way you intended them to look. With Netscape 4.06, your main pages has larger size text along with a bigger navigation bar. Other pages have a mixture of text completely different from IE. With Mozilla .9.7, font colors are missing and the navigation bar is out of whack. People are seeing things differently depending on what browser they are using. BTW, that is just a quick observation. I only checked two pages with three browsers.

I use Internet Explorer most of the time. I use Netscape 4x to test pages. I figure if a page works with Netscape, it will work with anything. :lol:
excession777

Post by excession777 »

I found out about 2xExplorer yesterday. I downloaded it before I went to bed and thought 'hmm, interesting'.

Today I downloaded it for work.

<center>*WOW*.</center>

What a great program. I am very impressed that such a small package can pack such a wallop! I see friends using Windows Commander, and I think 'yeah, ok, it has some neat features, but I don't want to pay for what Explorer gives me outta da box', but 2xExplorer is so much better. I already can't imagine how I could do computing without it.

Excellent work.

I'll be writing a review of this for my local user group for the June issue. I'll post the url here when I've done it.

-- I could gush for ages about the program here and now.

Dac
tweetthuckingtweet

Post by tweetthuckingtweet »

Me too
>>>-----sending a big, fat cheers m8-------->

:beer:
What if the whole world farted at once?