Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog post found at:
http://www.zabkat.com/blog/04May08.htm
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't understand how you guys vote for Prime Minister

Post by pschroeter »

I live in the US and I don't understand the election process for Prime Ministers. I have read a couple articles on this subject, ,especially last year when Blair left, and like junction points, hard links, ect, the more I read, the more confused I am. For example, when is the next PM election? It seems that after a certain amount of time they can happen, but not necessarily. When would a vote of no confidence occur? Who becomes PM? How are these leaders of the party chosen. Its like if in this county we voted for a Democrat for the Senate, some other guy who is the leader of the party becomes president, so I better like both guys. We have the electoral college so I guess neither of us is trusted to elect our leaders directly.

I sometimes forget you live in Britain. Thank you for the Beatles and YES.

YES
Close to the Edge and Back Tour
Summer 2008
davews

Post by davews »

Puzzled what on earth this has to do with x2/2X.......

(and also puzzled why you chaps find elections remotely interesting anyway....).

Dave
(user of Xplorer2 Lite for some time, now upgraded to Pro).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i've got a few similar reactions to this "political" blog article, one guy even got offended that i inflicted politics on him while he thought he subscribed to a technical blog !?

so let me clarify. This is a mostly technical blog but as you know from its past history from time to time i use it as soapbox for various rants that i feel strongly about. But if you don't like what's on a particular sunday, just switch channel and come back next week for something that you may find more interesting :)
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

The guy who ranted needs to ge ta life and realize that you are not obligated to him in any manner, fashion, or form, to restrict your blog to certain subject,s as in the same manner as he is not obligated to read your blog completely through day after day.

OTOH, as soon as *I* saw the topic I stayed away from the blog - I tend to dislike all politicians in general....

davews

Post by davews »

johngalt wrote:The guy who ranted needs to ge ta life ....
Which is hardly a nice welcome to this community.

Nikos, I hear what you say. But surely you have a section of this forum lower down called 'General - talk about anything'. Why not put such things there rather than in a technical section.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Hi davews,

and a (belated) welcome to this somewhat disorganized community.
The board is volunteer-administered, so I apologize if everything is not in its ideal place.  

You have a valid point, and stated it objectively (not a rant).  

At the moment, we do not have a dedicated forum for nikos' blog discussions, and because most of them are x2-related, I consider it ok to keep them in a forum in the xplorer2 section (the "General" forum is not).    But you have given me an idea ... and, if I ever get a round tuit, I will consider making a dedicated forum just for responses to nikos' blogs/rants/etc..  However, please don't hold your breath -- I gave my only round tuit to my sister decades ago --- and she lost it.   :shock:          

Thanks for your comment,
-fg-