2x Explorer 7.0 at Download.com - updates

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

GarconFils

Post by GarconFils »

Just wondering why the information at download.com is not updated to current. I found two 2x explorer programs. I originally searched in the CNET > Downloads > Windows > Utilities > File & Disk Management section. If I hadn't click on the Publisher link I would not have download this great program thinking that it has been abandoned. But of course it has not.

Actually most programs were found at another freeware site but I always go back to download.com to read the reviews and to make sure they is legit.

http://download.cnet.com/downloa....5221298

http://download.cnet.com/downloa....6624404

If you combined the two then the number of downloads should be more like 30,000? Also if you type "2x explorer" in the Cnet search box you'll come up only with the first link.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

dowload.com (CNET) are run by foul salespeople now, with no other interest but $$$ in their pockets :pissed:

after buying most of the (formerly) big shareware publishing sites they are now in a strong position and are trying to squeeze pennies out of developers who want to have their programs listed.

it's ages since i've submitted new version information to them, but they are obviously processing it not with the "highest priority". You see, I didn't purchase their "express submission" or their "traffic booster" or whatever. I consider what they're doing pure scum tactics and I absolutely refuse to subscribe.
tweetthuckingtweet

Post by tweetthuckingtweet »

Me too
>>>-----sending a big, fat cheers m8-------->

:beer:
What if the whole world farted at once?
tweetthuckingtweet

:baaa:  That was my favorite download site ... baa humbug!
so which freeware download site would you recomend?
tweetthuckingtweet

tweetthuckingtweet wrote:Me too
>>>-----sending a big, fat cheers m8-------->

:beer:
Ooops, now thats what happens when you have two windows open at once... you accidentally reply to the wrong post!!
please call me thick!
:withstupid:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

download.com.com (that's how they call themselves nowadays) are not on their own on this. Everybody is trying to squeeze our pennies, now that everybody's having a hard time to survive. I suppose if I had to survive through 2x I wouldn't have my present "business model" either :)

I am not blaming them but being at the receiving end of their exploitation antics I have to be excused getting pissed off as I do :cool: