2xExplorer - 2x and Network drives

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

AGENT X

Post by AGENT X »

1st of all Big Up! Nikos. Checking out your new board - looks good. Been having troubles with copying file across network drives. 2x acts likes it performing the move/copy but there are no files present on target drive. XPexplorer performs the move/copy using copy/paste. have the latest ver. and i ran the Output dump prog you sent me during XP test phase. it reports successful operation of task. any suggestions? Oh also I still do not have file/folder size reports on remote drives that are compressed. (zip) Figured I'd post here instead of your mail in case other users have same issue :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i guess you've already tried manually refreshing the target network drive after the copy (?)

2x has problems auto-refreshing network drives as explained in FAQ # 2, but usually it gets it right when the copy etc is handled within the program.

what kind of remote filesystem are you having problems with? Unix/Windows/other ...
AGENT X

Post by AGENT X »

UPDATE !   Resloved my file transfer issue by deleting and re-creating my TCP/IP stack on all 4 computers.       ( Dail-up people write down your ISP settings ! )

BTW - I did notice that 2x performed faster with IPX/SPX protocol on all machines ( Read about UDP and security issues )

3rd - I updated to 1.3.1.10 version of 2x and compressed file size reporting ( and subfolders ) issues have been resolved.   Good show Nikos !

4th - I'd like to thank Nikos for taking the time and effort to release a program like 2x to the world. I dont have to rave on why - Im sure all of you using 2x know why. Also its good to see a program of this caliber that remains freeware! I dont want to sound like the marketing department or anything  - but I think Nikos is well deserving of some type of contribution - even if a few bucks to keep him writing great software free to the world and not being another Bill Gates !!!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well spoken ;)