Mailing List?

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Dwukwiat

Post by Dwukwiat »

folks,

maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to start a mailing list instead of this forum? seeing as this place becomes more and more lively, it seems a reasonable move - at least to me... :-)

i think it'd be more comfrotable to download a couple of emails every day than to wade through multiple web pages, searching for a particular answer. for many modem-surfers ;^) it's better to get emails rather than surf the Net... it'd be quite easy to organise, too - for example on Yahoogroups.

what do you think?
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Hi Dwukwiat

We do have a mailing list for everyone that joins the Forum.  However, it has been the practice of NetEZ to not do mass mailings unless there is something that is important.  People get upset if you keep sending them emails.

Here is what you can do.  When you make a post to a topic, you can select to be notified by email when someone responds.  That way you only receive emails to topics that you are interested in.  It may not be perfect but it is a reasonable compromise to keep everyone happy.

If you subscribe to a topic, only select topics that you want to receive email notification.  The bulletin board program that we are currently using does not have a way for you to unsubscribe.  I do plan to upgrade the board.  In the meantime, I have to manually remove people off the list when they decide to unsubscribe.