Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

admsupport
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

File management software: Pool and general remakes

Post by admsupport »

@everybody.

I was tired of wasting my time with Windows Explorer so I decided to invest some some of it in a file management software (at last). Among my pre-selection there were: X2 Pro, XYplorer Pro& Opus9.

First impression:

X2: not the most visually polished, well done, complete, intuitive enough.
XY: more visually polished. Some good features (e.g. thumbnails in detail view) but not as complet as X2 (no dual-pane).
DO9: the most visually polished, not too intuitive, a bit overloaded.

Along the past week I have read documentation and tried them. X2/XY became my favorites for their respective features.

Today's impression:

X2: the more complete, the faster, the clearer.
XY: A very powerful global add-on to Windows Explorer (What I mean by that is the layout is not as independent of Windows Explorer as are X2/DO9)
DO9: An expensive multi-media file management.

For the spirit now: X2 "Nikos" and XY "I forgot the name" are well representative of their developper. I fell nothing alike when I use DO9.

Regarding the surrounding (blog, demo, web site) my vouch goes to Nikos. Again, not the more visually polished, but the more dynamic in my view. A blog with a small video demo is also appealing because it allows to relax the mind, aside from reading the .pdf manual.

For the forums: X2, XY and DO9 are well represented. X2 users seems particularly attached to their app. I also feel that the overall of X2 users (as for Nikos) are strong minded and the more demanding group among these 3 apps.

That's it for my impression as new comer. The request now:

I believe many of you have crossed the same way and have a better experience in the file management software field as I do. I am looking for relevant facts/information about the products you know and the reason you have chosen X2. A thread I found educative was the comment of the German translator of X2 about the difference between a file management soft vs a file management replacement (X2 vs. DO9)

My English is limited it can sometimes be difficult to answer, but I read every comment with interest.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well i am a bit biased for xplorer2 by construction :)
it looks that you've already read all the blogs but for completeness here's a factual comparison of file managers:
www.zabkat.com/blog/27May07.htm

as for the visual stuff, I personally don't find important, but for marketing purposes I plan a website facelift in the near future.
admsupport
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by admsupport »

thanks for the link, I have read it with interest, as another related blog of yours.

It is good information as ever.