anybody has IE8?

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

anybody has IE8?

Post by nikos »

now that internet explorer 8 is out, i'd like to check how the website looks like. If you have IE8 can you please try these 2 links and send me pics how they look like? (assuming that the first one shows like rubbish as i expect :))
www.zabkat.com
www.zabkat.com/test8.htm

thanks
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

preliminary check with IE8.0.7057 (64-bit)
the zabkat.com page renders almost the same as with FF3.1b3(x86)
and
the zabkat.com/test8.htm page renders slightly differently, but also not quite the same as with FF, but not horribly so. -- A few object spacings are tighter, but not quite overlapping.

The above running on win7 beta build 7057.
Note this IE8 is a beta and not the same as the official IE8 release in the past day from MS.  Also note: I explicitly did not have IE8 set for compatibility mode.

- - - - - - -

Later I ran the released IE8.0.6001.18702 on Vista & saw the same effects as above.  I emailed you the screen shots.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

thanks. I used this site http://browsershots.org/ and it gave me horrible results as IE8 preview
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

That service seems to use a network of only partly-controllable volunteer machines with no guarantee that the versions of the various browsers being used to test are anywhere near current.  Plus, the machine configurations are also unknown.  
A nice service in theory, but reported rendering problems should get a second opinion, as you requested. ;)  
What with the newness of IE8, the report you got from that site must have been a beta.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the problem is that now many people have heard of this website, it is struggling! Perhaps some big gun will buy them and afford more bandwidth