Hotkey to focus on the Address Bar?

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Triple_Dude

Hotkey to focus on the Address Bar?

Post by Triple_Dude »

Hello, just a quick question that I couldn't find the answer to in the docs, is there a hotkey to focus on the Address Bar like in IE and Explorer (F6)?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that there is a toggle between the Tree and Address Bar by using Ctrl + Alt + Tab (kind of buggy, doesn't seem to toggle back to the Tree once it focuses on the Address Bar).
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Getting stuck in the addressbar is a consequence of an autocompletion  setting.    To enable toggling back to the Tree:
on Tools |Options... | Advanced, untick "Explorer-style path autocompletion in addressbar"
wingood

Re: Hotkey to focus on the Address Bar?

Post by wingood »

Triple_Dude wrote:Hello, just a quick question that I couldn't find the answer to in the docs, is there a hotkey to focus on the Address Bar like in IE and Explorer (F6)?

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that there is a toggle between the Tree and Address Bar by using Ctrl + Alt + Tab (kind of buggy, doesn't seem to toggle back to the Tree once it focuses on the Address Bar).
CTRL+Shift+Tab :) thanks!
wingood

Post by wingood »

I have a mini-scrap (just one, as I can't work out how to non-float other scraps, otherwise I'd have a dock or two full of tabbed scraps!)
even on auto-hide, ctrl+shift+tab always makes him popup before my destination (the address bar!?!!?)

exactly the same shortcoming as mediamonkey (no path address bar to quickly access), one of the few things explorer had - why no alt+d in xplorer2? can i script this?

If i can't custom shortcut straight-to-path, can I at least make my scrap-container not be visited first?

the auto-completion thang's pretty useful (in theory, haven't used it yet in xplorer2, depend on it in win's address bar, and cmd's tab-complete).
As oppose to disabling, just hitting esc to unselect path in address bar is a better workaround for me.

totally nitpicking an otherwise totes-amazeballs tool :)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the shortcut to jump to miniscrap is CTRL+ALT+TAB. You can change all keyboard assignments with CUSTOMIZE > KEYWORD menu command