keyboard remapper?

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

keyboard remapper?

Post by nikos »

my new laptop doesn't have multimedia keyboard, so I can't control my media player (skip/pause/etc) without activating its window first.

i found something that looked promising, a registry hack called sharpkeys http://www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/

the problem is that it can only change single keys and not combinations. Do you know of something better that would allow me to e.g. substitute <ctrl+Alt+P> for multimedia play/pause key?
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

Perhaps HotkeyP is a solution for you.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Or one could avail the many applets media players like to stick in the trays for just such occasions.

For instance, the interactive taskbar thumbnails found in Win7 upon mousing-over a given application icon.

Or you could remain a keyboard slave.  That anti-Qwerty Dvorak fella turns in his grave, again and again, forever regretting that he never thought of the mouse.

(Yeah, unhelpful I know, but you've been having such a fun time with your new Win7 laptop that I just thought I'd offer a suggestion you'd happily ignore.  :wink:)

Cosmo's idea is better, and more practical, as usual.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the whole idea is to keep on working on visual studio while changing tracks and pausing music!
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Yeah, I know - see those little buttons under the album cover?  They're clickable without opening the app.  Hence the phrase interactive taskbar thumbnail icon.

Even Image needs the mouse from time to time.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

so you are suggesting i take my fingers off the keyboard? :P