Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

Backup Application to copy *.doc*, *.xls, *.jpg etc

Post by profess »

Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help.

I am looking for a backup program that will copy all important information from a computer and save to USB or wherever.

Important, meaning I'm expecting it to have some in-built templates for copying information from, say, My Documents, to the destination. I'm expecting it will have profiles/templates for Documents, Images, Audio, Video etc.  It would, ideally, scan the computer, snoop around Docs & Settings / Users / whatever next, and then tell you:

User 1, 123 documents, 3242 images, 324 videos, 324 audio = x gb

select all

Backup to destination...

User 2, 67 documents, 45 images, 12331 videos, 453 audio = x gb

select only docs, images

Backup to destination...

User 3, 132 documents, 432 images, 52 videos, 12 audio = x gb

select only images

Backup to destination...

==

Something like that, or just:

All Documents (docs, xls, jpg, png etc) - backup...
==

I know with a template, that your documents may not be the same as my documents, for example, I do not save *.mht files (often) so for me this wouldn't be important, but *.doc* would be. So maybe you would be able to choose...

I'm using Xplorer2 and Everything, but mostly going through manually with x2.

Even a suggestion of X2 tips would be cool, but if you know any program that would be helpful...

I understand that a backup process (esp of user data) is quite a manual process (as i'm finding out right now!!!!), however I think I have seen something like this program before...

AGES ago I saw some type of program that could 'snoop' through people's data, and show everything of 'interest' - was years back though

Any help appreciated.

Osei
Live life...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

along the lines...

Post by profess »

hi nikos,

thanks for your feedback.  it's along the lines i'm looking for regarding copying folder structure, but ignoring 'crap' like exe and html files and stuff, which weren't really needed.

have you / anyone else - heard of the program similar to what i described?

thanks again,

Osei
Live life...