crack tracker first public beta

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

crack tracker first public beta

Post by nikos »

i don't think there are many people around here that would have a use for crack tracker but i would appreciate some of your testing!

download from www.cracktracker.net
(the website is beta version too :))

just give it a general runabout and see what errors or assertions you get. If you get assertion errors as usual click on the ignore button to continue. Use Help > Debug log command to send me the information

I would especially want your feedback for Help > Send feedback menu command. Does it work for you? If not, which email client are you using?

thanks
nikos
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Umm... just thinking in the dark grey sky here, but by making this thing a public beta, you're inadvertently providing an incredibly useful tool for those looking to download stuff.  I know it's all "out there" anyway, but this way there's no flaffing about with dead links or anything.  Just a thought. :D

And if Rapidshare don't sue you on the icon emblem, I'd be surprised. :wink:

No real errors or anything just yet (not even assertions) - but aesthetically speaking, it needs a warning about "may contain flashing images".  Messy.  (And yes, I know that's irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, but when you have thousands of epileptic developers suffering seizures and expecting a free electroencephalogram as compensation, don't say I didn't warn you. :wink:)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

nowadays even my 70yr old mother knows how to download stuff
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

...and I know how to prepare Boeuf Bourguignon with an excellent yet quiet Chablis, but I still prefer others to do it for me.  If you take the dead links out of the equation, there's none of the "finding things en-route to other things" sense of discovery which is about the only thing left in the world which might inspire the minds of young people.

You're, in effect, killing the only opportunity and sense of creative accomplishment they have left.

In effect.

Or maybe I'm just waffling... :wink:

"Will no one think of the children?"