Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fun with Womb-Regression Therapy...

Post by Kilmatead »

MoveToParent

This is a simple enough utility that does what it says on the tin... in keeping with the Windows and x2 behaviour it is also .HTM/.HTML friendly, in that if you move an .HTML file it will automatically find and move its associated "_files" folder as well (even if it's not selected) - and vice-versa.  All folders are completely overwritten, not merged, as merging things is an unnatural act that never should have been allowed out of the barnyard.

Download: MoveToParent (Updated 10-Aug-11)

The basic User Command syntax is:

> "C:\MoveToParent.exe" $A

You must pass full pathnames to it.  (If you use x2 2.0, I suggest using the /List=$> command instead, as it allows an infinite number of selections to be safely passed.)

And, yes. it's Scrap container friendly.

This utility has a bespoke DPI-aware "Conflict Dialog" which some might find amusing... if there's anyone who would want to use this in their own AutoIt script the source code is included as a separate file - all you need to do is #Include "_ConflictDialog.AU3" in your project and call it as described in the source text comments.

If you use a comparison utility, the User Command can be configured as such:

> "C:\MoveToParent.exe" /List=$> /Utility="C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 3\BCompare.exe"

I've tested this with Beyond Compare and WinMerge, but I personally suggest Beyond Compare (the absolute greatest "comparison utility" in existence), as it will automatically identify whatever types of files you're comparing - folders, files, pictures, text, etc, and handle them accordingly.

The Modified Date tooltip will only give the two most significant bits of data - as in "2 Years, 6 Months" or "2 Minutes, 35 seconds", etc - as, for example, it would be kind of silly to report all the possibilities if the files are years apart (who needs to know "6 years, 3 months, 8 hours, 27 minutes, 53 seconds?") - so I kept it as a simple generalisation instead.  (A very odd "feature" of this generalisation can occur if the objects are say exactly 3 years and 5 seconds apart, with no difference in months, days, hours, or minutes - the tooltip will literally read "Newer by 3 years, 5 seconds" which I found rather amusing, so I left it in. :wink:)

Enjoy (or throw popcorn - I'm easily amused, either way).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what language is that written with, autohotkey?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

nikos wrote:what language is that written with, autohotkey?
No, I use AutoIt.  Much better syntax (as discussed in another thread) than AHK, in my opinion (more traditional), while being much the same in functionality.  Doesn't anyone ever look at the downloads?  I always include all the code in a folder suspiciously named "Yes, Virginia, it is written in AutoIt". :wink: