Some tabs crash my browser

Chitchat about x² / 2X products

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Zeetocht

Some tabs crash my browser

Post by Zeetocht »

I'm using Internet Explorer 9 and 64-bit Windows 7. I can log onto the Zabkat main site Ok but when I click on the Features, Downloads, Buy Now, Company or Email tabs my browser crashes- I can open the Support and Blog tabs. I don't have this problem with Firefox. The issue this creates for me is because IE9 is my default browser I can't check for updates from within Xplorer. I've tried turning off tracking and putting Zabkat dot com in my Trusted Sites.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

it works for me
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

nor can I reproduce the issue when I set IE9 as default browser on my 64-bit win7 laptop.   :shrug:
Zeetocht

Post by Zeetocht »

Thanks for checking this out. I think I figured out what's causing this to happen. I run Norton 360 Premier and if I disable its antiphishing feature I can navigate the site fine with one little exception: the first time I try to open any of the problematic tabs I get a message that says there was a problem that caused IE to close and reopen the site- after that everything is ok. I'll let Symantec know about this.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Don't use "Security Suites". They have no real advantage towards simple virus scanners.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012