Some files were not available (insufficient access rights)

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

bmazak

Some files were not available (insufficient access rights)

Post by bmazak »

I am often amazed at the Incredible amount of security from NTFS file system When It does not protect me with a password.
Hi, I recently did a Windows update and the first thing that happened was this message like above in the subject of this Post.

I have gone in and set all files in the folder to owner and set all files and folders to full control for Administrator, System, and Administrator's group.
Xplorer2 starts at this folder Downloads which is the same for both users Me as a user as a member of Administrator's group and Me as Administrator.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some files were not available (insufficient access rights)

Post by nikos »

this message could be coming from a few possible causes. It could be for example that you use the miniscrap pane and some file that used to be listed is no longer available (it isn't necessarily a problem with your admin rights)
EMathews3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Some files were not available (insufficient access rights)

Post by EMathews3 »

Agree - when I get this message it's basically always because I in some way asked xp2 to navigate to / display / browse in a folder that doesn't exist anymore.