Help? thumbnail veiwer disappeared.

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

stonethebone1

Help? thumbnail veiwer disappeared.

Post by stonethebone1 »

I was trying to resize the thumbnail veiwer and it docked at the top of the window. So I tried to undock it by dragging it and it disappeared. Now I cannot get it to display at all. I tried reinstalling the program and no luck. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Stone
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I hadn't tried the thumbnail viewer feature myself, but when I did, I discovered that I could easily drop the thumb-pane far enough off the desktop to where it is irretrievable -- even knowing where it is.

The 'solution' I found was to delete the registry keys for 2xExplorer before restarting 2xExplorer.

Assuming you are familiar with REGEDIT, the steps are straightforward:
1. close 2xExplorer
2. go into the registry [START ... RUN ... REGEDIT] and delete the 2xExplorer key & all its subkeys. (found under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc ).
3. close REGEDIT
4. restart 2xExplorer

You will have to re-establish your preferred settings, but you should have the thumbnail viewer back in view.

Hope this helps
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there are a few less drastic solutions; please use the "search" facility of the forum to find the relevant threads
stonethebone1

Post by stonethebone1 »

I followed these steps and it worked !

1. close 2xExplorer
2. go into the registry [START ... RUN ... REGEDIT] and delete the 2xExplorer key & all its subkeys. (found under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc ).
3. close REGEDIT
4. restart 2xExplorer

Thanks for the assistance!
Thanks,
Stone