Configuration Files Location?

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

rlduffy

Configuration Files Location?

Post by rlduffy »

I've been using X2 for several years, currently running 2.5.0.4 x64. Just now when I hit the X button to close the window I was thrown to the browser page at http://zabkat.com/warez.htm. I suspect some sort of corruption has occurred since when I restart X2 I don't find any customization. The only thing I care about is the content of the Folder Groups under the Customize menu. The previous contents seem to be lost.

Is there a file or directory I can restore from backup to recover my settings?

TIA
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Configuration Files Location?

Post by nikos »

this error implies that something's wrong with your xplorer2. Either the key is not valid or you have tinkered with the executable. Make sure you own a valid license and that the digital signature is intact (check the executable file properties) and you won't have such problems
rlduffy

Post by rlduffy »

License is current and has been in daily use for a couple of years. I can assure you that I did nothing (and had no reason) to tamper with the executable or the license.

Superficially, the digital signature appears to be OK:

However I don't know how to assess this:

and this:

Any help would be appreciated.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this is indeed a valid license
the only mystery is why the digital certificate won't validate for you - if that's the cause of the problem
when you turn on the DETAILS pane from VIEW menu, and you select the xplorer2 executable in the installation folder, do you see the digital signature there as NIKOLAOS BOZINIS?

regarding your other question, to create a backup of your settings use ACTIONS > EXPORT SETTINGS menu command
rlduffy

Post by rlduffy »

So it appears that the certificate or signature has been corrupted somehow. I'm guessing that the next step is to uninstall/reinstall. Before proceeding I'm wondering if there's any way for me recover the folder groups that I had previously saved.

Thanks for your help...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

not unless you had saved (exported) a copy of your settings before :(
rlduffy

Post by rlduffy »

Uninstall/reinstall seems to have resolved the problem with the signature on the executable. Interestingly (to me) it retained the license but the other settings were lost. Thanks for your help.