problem with 0.0.0.50

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

What's the reason to not put this by default?
While x2 loooks and feels like a great fully functional released product on many fronts, please keep in mind that it is REALLY still only an alpha version. :shock: And you can see that the UI development is somewhat lagging, and likewise selection of user parameters and the default settings for same; although that is evolving quite nicely with the discussions/feedback on the board. :)

We all need to be patient as nikos contnues development of x2.
(BTW -- he's doing a GREAT job! :D :D :D )
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

I agree. Nikos mentions somewhere on the site that this alpha version is not for the 'faint-hearted'. So until the GUI is in a more evolved state with respect to setting options for X2, you'll have to live with it.
If you can't, you should ask yourself if you are wise using this piece of magnificent software!!
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
Morning Star
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Morning Star »

narayan wrote:I just wondered why people with "no two-clicks to edit" opinion would like to disable that mode; rather than just ignoring it. And the reason would be- they are not able to precisely control the delay between the two clicks, and therefore sometimes x2 inpterpretes their d-click operation as two-click, and ends up in edit mode.
It's not that actually. The most common problem occurs when you select a file, then (more than a second or so) later double-click on it. Instead of just executing it, x2 also begins editing the filename, as if you had ordered a rename operation instead of a execute operation... If Nikos fixed that, I probably wouldn't mind the slow-d-click-to-rename so much, but I do still think it is counter-intuitive and ultimately pointless...
It is my job to comfort the disturbed,
and to disturb the comfortable.
VaMPiRiC_CRoW

Post by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »

I don't have any problem with the clicks for execute or rename a file...
It's very simple for me... And I use it a lot!
This file manager is great, and when we choose to rename a file, he selects only the name and not the extension...

I understand that nikos prefer to make the features of xplorer2 that make a dialog for the options, but I hope that he implements this soon...
VaMPiRiC_CRoW

Post by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »

Hi nikos,

can you help to make this reg file to have the option that I refer in my first reply of this Topic?

Thanks
------------------------

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2\Left pane settings]
"binMiscOptions"=

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2\Right pane settings]
"binMiscOptions"=
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

"binMiscOptions"=dword:00000020
VaMPiRiC_CRoW

Post by VaMPiRiC_CRoW »

nikos wrote:"binMiscOptions"=dword:00000020
Bastage

Post by Bastage »

Morning Star wrote:The most common problem occurs when you select a file, then (more than a second or so) later double-click on it. Instead of just executing it, x2 also begins editing the filename, as if you had ordered a rename operation instead of a execute operation...
I don't see this behaviour enough to make it annoying, however I do dislike that xplorer2 assumes that just because a file/folder is highlighted that the next time you single click on it you intend to rename it. (i.e. Do a Ctrl-A on a directory, change to a different program completely, and when you left click back in that pane to get focus back to xplorer2 it inadvertently thinks you mean you want to rename whatever random item you clicked.)

I agree with everyone that the slow double click is probably not optimal, however it's been like this in Windows for as long as I can remember and while I do use the various alternative keys it's somewhat counter-intuitive not to be able to slow double click to rename anymore.

I applied the reg fix to get the 'feature' back but it still behaves the way I described above. If Nikos could fix/change that I would be a very happy person. (i.e. Make it so that a slow double click is just that .. a slow double click. Not that if a file is highlighted and then single clicked again at any point ever it goes into rename mode.)

All that said, I just tested it in Explorer and it does the same thing. (I guess I really never noticed since I a) haven't used Explorer in a long long time and b) it doesn't have double panes.)

I'm guessing that since this appears to be inherent to something deep inside Windows there wouldn't be a way to change it ..? (Although I've seen Nikos do some amazing stuff so I'll cross my fingers.)
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

oops

Post by zippit »

Why are you still posteing here ?
Dbl clicks can be set in the Windows Control Panel.
I like to browse this forum and see posts about 2x Product Build: 1.4.1.12

:roll:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
Bastage

Re: oops

Post by Bastage »

zippit wrote:Why are you still posteing here ?
Dbl clicks can be set in the Windows Control Panel.
I like to browse this forum and see posts about 2x Product Build: 1.4.1.12
Phew .. I was getting worried that you weren't going to post.