Problem with copying 8.3 names in V50

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

MWSnap does takes up systemwide shortcuts, but only when I launch it. Currently it is not launched. There are many OTHER utilities running in my system tray and I can't tell which one might have grabbed that shortcut.

I need a program that can tell me which shortcuts are already in use; and which applications are using them.

Alternatively, information about registry locations that store this info; or tips about how to find that information elsewhere.

Any ideas?
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

The easiest way to do this is to close all programs running including those non-essential in the system tray and go from there.

Use the StartCPL program to look at which programs are run at start up, disable them, then close/end any others using the task manager. Then re-start your PC.

Once you get to a known level, you can re-start the programs one-by-one until you find the problem application.
Vas
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Yes, of course!! Thanks! :thumbup:

Sometimes the answer is NOT in high technology!
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Great advice

Post by zippit »

vserghi wrote:The easiest way to do this is to close all programs running including those non-essential in the system tray and go from there.

Use the StartCPL program to look at which programs are run at start up, disable them, then close/end any others using the task manager. Then re-start your PC.

Once you get to a known level, you can re-start the programs one-by-one until you find the problem application.
Too many "free" and otherwise installations end up there.
Aside from XP which i know ziltge about,i have had W98 and now me and use "selective startup" I have 95% of my resources at bootup.
Amen
:D
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.