Feature Request

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

valelik

Feature Request

Post by valelik »

hi,

I am using 2xExplorer since near 2 years. It's great file manager ! Thanks Nikos ! And new xplorerI will be great too (I love the clone option and scrap windows ).

I have a proposal for a new feature :

how about to display actual directory's name in each pane (like the 2xExplorer does it ) instead of displaying both directory names in window's title. The current syntax with @ and # is a little bit to complex. The 2x's behaviour is IMHO more clear und user friendly.

Thank you Nikos for a great file manager !

Valeri

P.S. Sorry for my ugly English :(
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

You can have title bars above the panes directly as in 2X by modifying the registry entry HKCU\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\xplorer2\MainFrame Settings\binDualPaneFlags. Just add the decimal numer 8 to the value and you get title bars for each pane showing the full path of the currently viewed folder.

Be sure to exit all instances of X2 before modifying the registry value and be sure to specify the value in decimal.

After the registry tweak, X2 should show title bars. See alpha.txt for more information on title bars (and many other things for that matter :) )
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

pane titlebars are now on by default; so another way to have them is to just delete binDualPaneFlags while observing all the precautions JRz mentioned
valelik

Post by valelik »

Thank you JRz !
Thank you Nikos!

It works :D