Help- Lost one view pane

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

mike4477

Help- Lost one view pane

Post by mike4477 »

2X
I clicked wrong something.

I now have a narrow tree panel, and only one large view pane.

How can I get my second view pane back?

TIA
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

see the thread:
http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1051
for discussion & fix of related problem.
(Although drastic, deletion of 2X registry keys & restart is quite easy to do & reacquires a good many "lost" features.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if i understand correctly, you lost one of the 2 regular content panes. 2x doesn't support single pane mode so you must have d-clicked the splitter and forced it out of view. But you should be able to grab it going to the far end of what seems to be a "single" pane. Drag it to uncover the hidden view
mike4477

Lost view pane

Post by mike4477 »

To nikos:
There was nothing, either at the right edge or elsewhere, to drag the hidden pane leftward into view. Simply, no way to do it. Maybe wrong, but it sure looked like a single pane 2X??

To fgagnon:
The registry tip works like a charm- everything is back to normal.

Thanks to both of you for the help.
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

oops

Post by zippit »

nikos wrote:if i understand correctly, you lost one of the 2 regular content panes. 2x doesn't support single pane mode so you must have d-clicked the splitter and forced it out of view. But you should be able to grab it going to the far end of what seems to be a "single" pane. Drag it to uncover the hidden view
I use view/one pane all the time.Is this not "single pane"
or view/equal panes.
This should not be a problem.This member hasn't really tried.
:cry:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
kev
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kev »

i do not think it is fair to assume that mike4477 hasn't tried, or that this shouldn't be a problem for him - everyone starts knowing nothing!

he has obviously put a fair bit of effort to get to the bottom of this problem, even bothering to register and post to get an answer, let's be as nice as possible when helping him.

i wonder if pressing ctrl-E might help - this reverses the one pane mode achieved by pressing ctrl-O in 2x
Last edited by kev on 2003 Nov 30, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
mike4477

Lost a view pane

Post by mike4477 »

To zippit:
"the member didn't try"- you don't know what you're talking about.

You describe using the left tree, and only one view pane. That misses the whole advantage of 2X Explorer, a second view pane, to expedite file management. If you don't use the second view pane, you might as well stay with Window's Explorer.

I'd guess that was a reason for the name, "2X" Explorer.

To kev: Thanks, I will keep that tip for the future.
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ctrl E

Post by zippit »

That works and so does the view menu,mouse click"Equal panes".
That was the point i was trying to stress as this indicated that the user wasn't checking their options as many computer users are inclined to do.
I quickly discovered this and it's a big reason for useing 2x,since my Winfile days.Sorry if it seemed to show some frusteration.
:D
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.