2XExplorer does not start

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Andy Shaw

2XExplorer does not start

Post by Andy Shaw »

Hope I'm doing this right. I'm a newbie.

Been a big fan of 2Xe for past while. Just had my computer in to add an additional hard drive. Now 2Xe will not start.

Removed program and did normal download of 2Xe but it still would not start. Removed it and downloaded 2Xe version with installer. Same result when installed.

Icons and all the files are there, but when I click on the .exe file, I get my Windows "hourglass" for a few moments and then nothing. :(

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Andy Shaw
Markham, Ontario
Canada
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

You could try to start 2xExplorer with command line parameters to open it in a folder you know exists. This could solve the problem and you should try this before contemplating more rigorous methods, like deleting the settings for 2X from the registry (not recommended for newbies, but sometimes there is no other option :roll: ).

You can start 2xExplorer to open both panes in the root of your C: drive by specifying the following command in the Start|Run.. dialog box:

2xExplorer c:\ c:\

This should start 2X showing the root of the c: drive in both panes.

Try this and let me know if it solved your problem.
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Oh My God

Post by zippit »

JRz wrote:You could try to start 2xExplorer with command line parameters to open it in a folder you know exists. This could solve the problem and you should try this before contemplating more rigorous methods, like deleting the settings for 2X from the registry (not recommended for newbies, but sometimes there is no other option :roll: ).

You can start 2xExplorer to open both panes in the root of your C: drive by specifying the following command in the Start|Run.. dialog box:

2xExplorer c:\ c:\

This should start 2X showing the root of the c: drive in both panes.

Try this and let me know if it solved your problem.
What a drastic sollution.He/she wants to be normal not twisted.
Like click the desktop icon and go to where they where yesterday.
They shouldn't have to do what you suggest.NO way Jose.
:roll:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

Zippit, I sugest you re-read Andy Shaw's post again, he has a problem starting 2x. 2x will be slow to start if it cannot read a particular drive it was left on. What JRz is sugesting is to force 2x to open up on the c: drive in both panes, to see if it is a 2x problem or drive reading probelm.

Your comments are no help to anyone.
Vas
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Andy,
When you "removed" & reinstalled 2x, did you clear out the 2x registry keys?
If not, your problem may be related to a registry setting left over from the last successful use of 2x in prior to 1-drive configuration.
see the thread:
http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1051
for complete uninstall-reinstall steps
(Although drastic, deletion of 2X registry keys & restart is quite easy to do & reacquires a good many "lost" features.)
... But you shouldn't need to do this if JRz's command-line kick-start-to-C: suggestion was successful.