I can't open TXT's

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Fred

I can't open TXT's

Post by Fred »

(My gear: WinME, athlon1800+ men128MB, HD 80GB)

In the 2x explorer, I could click on ANY file and it opened with the corresponding application.
But somewhere I must have activated a function which prints at the bottom of 2X "launched in background" , when I try to open a humble TXT file by clicking on it (fortunately only with TXT). The txt file never opens.

Now my usual program for TXT is editpad and it has opened my txt files perfectly up till now from 2X explorer.

I have no problem doing it the otherway round, launch edit pad, search for the txt file click and it opens and edits normally.

I searched through the help of 2X but I can find any reference to " Launched in the background. So maybe my problem is elsewhere.

I note that the normal winME explorer display, allows me to click on the TXT files and they open immediately from Editpad.

Any kind soul got a solution before I throw in the towel?

Cheers
Fred
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

can you open text files with d-clicking in explorer?
also try using "open" from the context (r-click) menu
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: I can't open TXT's

Post by zippit »

Fred wrote:(My gear: WinME, athlon1800+ men128MB, HD 80GB)

In the 2x explorer, I could click on ANY file and it opened with the corresponding application.
But somewhere I must have activated a function which prints at the bottom of 2X "launched in background" , when I try to open a humble TXT file by clicking on it (fortunately only with TXT). The txt file never opens.

Now my usual program for TXT is editpad and it has opened my txt files perfectly up till now from 2X explorer.

I have no problem doing it the otherway round, launch edit pad, search for the txt file click and it opens and edits normally.

I searched through the help of 2X but I can find any reference to " Launched in the background. So maybe my problem is elsewhere.

I note that the normal winME explorer display, allows me to click on the TXT files and they open immediately from Editpad.

Any kind soul got a solution before I throw in the towel?

Cheers
Fred
Try right clicking and telling it where to open now or for always.
Depends on other factors,but try it.
:D
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.