Thumb Bar

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

You got me i guess

Post by zippit »

I messed everything up and edited the registry and reset everything back where i want it.I use auto hide and keep my taskbar at the top.Most people stay with the bottom and would see part of the thumb bar.
The big point missed is "Export the current registry first".
I think though Mickey was messing things up and Minnie fixed it.
:D
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: You got me i guess

Post by JRz »

zippit wrote:...I use auto hide and keep my taskbar at the top.Most people stay with the bottom and would see part of the thumb bar.
If you follow the scenario I outlined you will still lose the thumb bar despite the fact that your taskbar is at the top, am I right??
zippit wrote:...The big point missed is "Export the current registry first".
All precautions when editing the registry are applicable at all times, of course. If we would give all warnings about backing up (not only registry, but backing up files is also eminent, and so on...) our post would become even more lengthy then they are already.
So yes, you should always be careful when editing the registry. Anyone not comfortable with editing this vital piece of windows should leave it alone.

What's that about Mickey and Minnie? Could you clarify? Pluto doesn't follow (pun intended) :roll:
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: You got me i guess

Post by zippit »

JRz wrote:
zippit wrote:...I use auto hide and keep my taskbar at the top.Most people stay with the bottom and would see part of the thumb bar.
If you follow the scenario I outlined you will still lose the thumb bar despite the fact that your taskbar is at the top, am I right??
zippit wrote:...The big point missed is "Export the current registry first".
All precautions when editing the registry are applicable at all times, of course. If we would give all warnings about backing up (not only registry, but backing up files is also eminent, and so on...) our post would become even more lengthy then they are already.
So yes, you should always be careful when editing the registry. Anyone not comfortable with editing this vital piece of windows should leave it alone.

What's that about Mickey and Minnie? Could you clarify? Pluto doesn't follow (pun intended) :roll:
Quoteing anne,I finally hooked up my new mouse; simple fix, it worked beautifully.
You know that the ladies always get the final say.
By that way what do you call more than 1 pc mouse.
:lol:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

zippit wrote:Quoteing anne,I finally hooked up my new mouse; simple fix, it worked beautifully.
You know that the ladies always get the final say.
By that way what do you call more than 1 pc mouse.
I get the mice now. Thank you :D

Don't agree with the 'solution' thing though. I think the touchpad was simply too inaccurate to be able to grab the thumb bar for dragging and that is why Anne couldn't move the window. The border which lets you drag this window at the bottom is only a few pixels wide, so it's very difficult to position and then tap your finger on a touchpad without moving the pointer at all.

So I get the final say (unless Anne replies to this of course :lol: )
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn: