Missing Folder Tree

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pjcook

Missing Folder Tree

Post by pjcook »

I am running Z1 Omega - Product Build: 1.4.1.12
I have messed up my folder tree plane.
It was working fine then somehow undocked it.
It then appeared as one of my dual planes. I tried to redock it, but the help file only tells you how to undock.
I have lost it all together.
I have tried the tree on/off icon and the <ctrl T> shortcut, but other than a 'Ready' text on the status bar nothing happens.
I have also deleted the 2xExplorer folder from the Program Files Folder and reinstalled but there is no change.
Any help would be really appreciated.

PS. How unsafe is the x2 Alpha version. The warnings that come with it are a bit scarey.

Thanks
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this issue has been discussed before, please use the Search facility of the forum

or just checkout FAQ #11
pjcook

Lost Tree Plane

Post by pjcook »

I have tried both the search and FAQs but to no avail.
I have searched for 'lost', 'tree', 'plane', 'dock' and 'folder' but they gave me nothing that I could see as relevant.
Under FAQs I can only find general ones about the boards rather than specific ones for 2x Explorer so I guess I am going in the wrong way.
Any advice would be appreciated - such things as what title I should be searching under.
Thanks for your help.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

see: http://forum.zabkat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1277

note that although question does not address your specific issue, the answer will solve it.
pjcook

Lost Tree

Post by pjcook »

Thanks the deleting the regedit key worked perfectly.
I am always worried about messing with the registry but the instructions were really straight forward.
Thanks.

Any thoughts on the x2 Alpha? Would you load this or stick with 2x Explorer?

Thanks again.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I use x2 almost exclusively for my file management now.
Dire warnings aside, it is an excellent product. :D
It is so good, and has taken so long to develop, that Nikos is planning to start charging real money for a fully-fledged version shortly.
But the stripped down alpha looks to remain "free as beer" to use the author's phrase.

By the way, pjcook, "the FAQs" spoken of above are found under the 2X help menu. (upon re-reading your post, it seems you may not have looked there!)