Japanese file names

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Renick

Japanese file names

Post by Renick »

I have been installing 2xplorer on every family member's computer for more than a year. My wife has been using it, with Japanese file names, for at least a year, with no problems. She got infected with a virus this week, forcing me to wipe her drive and start over. Everything is back, but not as it was before. Where she could read the file names in 2xplorer before, now the file names just appear as ???????.

I read some previous post about Unicode versions. Is this the problem? Tell me what I need to do. I've already tried both the 2xplorer and xplorer2 versions on your website.

Thanks!

Renick
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

to be honest, i don't know the answer
the unicode version is obviously the answer but there's no unicode version of 2x (there is going to be one for x2)

but since you were seeing proper characters in 2x before, there must be some setting in your control panel that affects the language of "english" programs. I think in XP it is called something like "default language"
Renick

Post by Renick »

My Japanese being complete shit, I forced my wife to do the hunting herself. She uncovered a patch written by a Japanese cat who is using 2xplorer. It worked on her XP box like a charm.

Here's the link:

http://jun.mods.jp/program/