no timestamp and size shown on remote folder

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

ysimkin

Post by ysimkin »

Could anyone advise if there is a way to show file attributes like Size, Modified,...
I am using Hummingbird Exceed to access file on remote host as FTP. WinXP exploler shows them correctly but 2x shows label <folder> and N/A instead of Size and timestamp correspondingly.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

how does this thing work?
does exceed "simulate" ftp mapping remote folders to local drives?

have you tried xplorer2 to see how it fares in comparison?
ysimkin

Post by ysimkin »

Exceed does not require mapping remote folder to local drives. It comes with FTP explorer which adds "Hummingbird Neighborhood" into Tree view at the same level as "My network places". The hosts in this neighborhood are accessed via FTP and 2x shows remote directory the same way as Windows explorer except 2x shows file attributes as n/a althoughit recogizews folder showing <folder>
atribute in Size column.

I guess you previous advise was related to x2 (Alt+K to see if there are any more columns to pick or/and send me the dbmon report (see alpha.txt) ) because Alt+k does produce more columns.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

yes, alt+K works only with xplorer2
could you please try it for me?
thanks
ysimkin

Post by ysimkin »

I tried xplorer2 and it crashes when accessing remote FTP folder. I posted new message into xplore2 forum about it and sent you dbmon log.
Thanks