bookmarks shaded out (trying 2xE for first time)

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

des_toronto2

bookmarks shaded out (trying 2xE for first time)

Post by des_toronto2 »

I'm just trying 2xExplorer for the first time and find that the options in the Bookmark menu are shaded out, meaning I am not able to create any bookmarks. This is an important feature for me, so it has stopped me from going any further. Any ideas?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

please read the solution straight from the disabled menu text (also see the statusbar when you browse the menu)
des_toronto2

Post by des_toronto2 »

1. It's embarrassing to admit, but I was trying to set bookmarks with Ctrl-Alt-1 rather than Ctrl-Shift-1. (Probably because at the same time I'm trying out DIRKEY, which does almost the same thing with Ctrl-Alt.)

2. However, even Ctrl-Shift-1 doesn't work. After attempting to set a bookmark by navigating to a target folder, then pressing Ctrl-Shift-1, if I navigate to a different folder, then select Bookmarks, all of the six possible bookmarks are still greyed out.

I may be embarrassed again when I get a reply, but at the moment nothing is working for me. :oops:
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

The instructions are rather terse (more like clues to a mystery) so embarrassment is unwarranted. ;)

Not explicitly stated is that ...
a. setting & using bookmarks only works from the folder panes (treepane cannot be the active pane)
b. the only number keys that work are the ones above the main keyboard letters (not the numeric keypad)

Hope this helps :)
des_toronto2

Post by des_toronto2 »

It worked, it worked! Thanks!! :D
fgagnon wrote:The instructions are rather terse (more like clues to a mystery) so embarrassment is unwarranted. ;)

Not explicitly stated is that ...
a. setting & using bookmarks only works from the folder panes (treepane cannot be the active pane)
b. the only number keys that work are the ones above the main keyboard letters (not the numeric keypad)

Hope this helps :)