How to run only one instance of 2x

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

valelik

How to run only one instance of 2x

Post by valelik »

Hi,

I often use 2x from my IDE to browse to specific folder. I have created a command shortcut in my IDE with following command :

C:\2x\2xExplorer.exe <selected_folder>

It works fine but after a while (when I often start this command) I have a dozen of 2x windows and my task bar is full. My question is :

how can I allow to run only one instance of 2x ? Is it possible ? Is there a command line argument or registry key for this purpose ?

Thanks in advance

Valeri

(sorry for my ugly English ) :(
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this isn't possible with 2x
the new xplorer2 runs in single instance mode, albeit with multiple windows
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: How to run only one instance of 2x

Post by zippit »

valelik wrote:Hi,

I often use 2x from my IDE to browse to specific folder. I have created a command shortcut in my IDE with following command :

C:\2x\2xExplorer.exe <selected_folder>

It works fine but after a while (when I often start this command) I have a dozen of 2x windows and my task bar is full. My question is :

how can I allow to run only one instance of 2x ? Is it possible ? Is there a command line argument or registry key for this purpose ?

Thanks in advance

Valeri

(sorry for my ugly English ) :(
I can't beleive this is a problem.If you want to mess around with dos commands don't blame 2xExplorer.
Just put an icon on your desktop and dbl clk and you'll have
" one instance"
Why are you trying to make 2 into 1.Just use the 2x icon.
I can't beleive i read this.
:roll:
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.
anarchotron

Post by anarchotron »

Apparently certain ppl on this forum didn't understand the requirements specified by the original poster.  

This feature would be highly useful for me as well.  Does anyone know if a command line switch has been added that can accomplish this?

Thanks!