Comparing two drives, folders, files etc

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Dave Neve

Comparing two drives, folders, files etc

Post by Dave Neve »

Hi

When I use this option, I find the results confusing. One Window has folders which are 'dark' and the other 'light'. Some are not chosen.

If a folder is different in one window, why isn't it shown as different in the other one?

Why are some folders which are different indicated in the first pane and others in the second?

And finally, why are some different folders not different when I open them and compare contents?

Thanks
Thanks for all help in advance!!!
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Most of your answers can be found in the documentation.
Please read the available help materials first (especially Help | Features...), then post your remaining questions.
Thanks
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Comparing two drives, folders, files etc

Post by zippit »

Dave Neve wrote:Hi

When I use this option, I find the results confusing. One Window has folders which are 'dark' and the other 'light'. Some are not chosen.

If a folder is different in one window, why isn't it shown as different in the other one?

Why are some folders which are different indicated in the first pane and others in the second?

And finally, why are some different folders not different when I open them and compare contents?

Thanks
This is fairly basic viewing,what are you trying to "compare"
You have to view both windows to the same view option.
eg:List,not icons.
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.